Magic Breaks Tour

I bring to you the appearance schedule for  Magic Breaks.  In the past we did a small event before the signing where we met readers at coffee shops, etc. These events are very informal.  If you want to do something while we’re in your city, let us know.  Here are some things to consider:

a) number of people.  Sometimes we’d get ten people showing up and the local Starbucks would be too small.  This thread is a good place to get organized.  If you let us know when, where, and how many, we will post it on the blog.

b) signings are mandatory for Gordon and I.  We will do our best to accommodate you, but we strongly prefer to have the meeting within walking distance of the bookstore so we aren’t late.

c) travel arrangements.  Sometimes planes get delayed and traffic stalls, so we may have to cancel a meeting on short notice.

Fun picture from RT 2014.  :)
Fun picture from RT 2014. :)

Sadly for the tour it will be just Gordon and I.

Tuesday, July 29
6:30 PM: Murder By the Book
2342 Bissonnet St.
Houston, TX 77005

Wednesday, July 30
7:00 PM: University Bookstore
4326 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105

Thursday, July 31
7:00 PM: Powell’s
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR 97005

Friday, August 1
7:00 PM: Barnes & Noble
3225 W 69th St.
Edina, MN 55435

Saturday, August 2
2:00 PM: Foxtale Book Shoppe
105 East Main Street #138
Woodstock, GA 30188

Sunday, August 3
3:00 PM Barnes & Noble
10000 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759

Comments

• Lu says

I agree, consider Boston! I live on the North Shore seacoast- a half hour north of Boston. Newburyport is a great place to hang out, and gorgeous in summer and fall.

1. FoxyRoxy says

I’m jealous. I sincerely hope one day you guys can come to Boston for a signing. New England’s a beautiful place to be any season but winter. I grew up in the Austin area, and I revel in the gorgeous summer weather here where any outdoor activity is possible – heat stroke not a concern. Or you can enjoy the famed leaf foliage in the fall. Or take a nap in the Boston Public Garden by the pond with swan boats. Doesn’t that sound enticing? ;)

In the meanwhile, I guess I’ll just have to snatch up every book you publish sans signature. Thanks for helping me keep my sanity by escaping my world into yours.

• Mairi says

I’m with Roxy – PLEASE come to Boston!!!! My daughter and I have all of your books (hard-copy and electronic – needed because the hard-copies breakdown after being read so often!) Along with the Gardens and foliage, we have some wonderful museums, and the Duck Boat Tours!

• FoxyRoxy says

Good point Mairi! Who among us has never wanted to drive a boat-car into a river??? Courtesy of WWII and their decommissioned vehicles, here’s your chance!

2. Lizzy Alonzi says

So excited you guys are heading north to Minnesota! I know two other people plus me who would LOVE to have an informal chat before the event begins!!!

3. Christine Sedgwick says

I am so excited to have you coming to Minnesota! I plan to drive the 4 hrs to meet you and get a book signed. I can think of 6 people to bring with me because they are huge fans too. It would be fun to meet up before to have a coffee and chat. We love all your books!

4. Maria D. says

Well….unfortunately the closest you are coming to me is Edina, MN and that’s at least 8 hours away…lol….hope to catch you some other time

5. Terri Wilson says

You can count my mom and I in for a get together before the Austin show. We’re big fans

6. Damietta says

OK, apparently, every one in Portland who has ever bought one of your books would cheerfully open a vein for a chance to meet you before the signing at Powell’s
    This, of course, includes me.
    I am hoping to bring with me the fiendish woman who loaned me the first 5 [?] Kate Daniels books; and tho I am allergic to coffee, there are several places in the mall to eat/drink/talk/bleed in quiet adoration. . . .

7. ROXANNE says

YEAH!!! WOODSTOCK,GA…. I have my calendar marked. I’ll even have my book by then !! There is a cute place called Tea and Thyme on Main Street… would be great to set up a pre-signing event. ……

• Alison says

Tea Leaves and Thyme is wonderful, and so is the idea of pre-signing meetups in Woodstock. I would like that as well. We would likely need reservations

8. Joanne says

Live just a few miles from Edina, will be there for the signing but would love to meet earlier too!

9. Kat Troup says

Any possible East Coast trips happening anytime? It seems like none of the authors that I love hardly ever come East. It makes me sad. I could convince the BF to take a sick day, just so I can watch him fangirl squee over meeting you! LOL

10. amy says

Woot, for the Seattle stop! Be prepared to meet a starstruck fan, who wont know what to say, other than “I’m a huge fan!”

11. Jody Lizer says

How come no body comes to Alaska you guys in the states can drive to a signing I feel so said nobody likes me waaaa :(

12. Sharon AuBuchon says

I am from Charlotte, NC but hope to drive down to Atlanta to see y’all. Would love to meet for coffee or something. I think signing is at 2pm. Would you plan something for before or after?

13. Amy H. says

Omg, I’m so excited you’re going to be at FoxTales!
    I would love to meet up. I’m going to ask for the day off! There’s a lot of walking distance places near Foxtale. Canyons is another option as it has a nice open area outside. There’s a gazebo right outside of Foxtale. You’re literally in downtown Woodstock, right off the square. There restaurants are a little pricey, so you may want to use the Gazebo and let people just buy coffee/drinks from where works for them. Canyons I mentioned specifically because its not super pricey. Its a burger/chicken strip place.

• Nuiteblanche says

Anyone,
      How far is Woodstock from Atlanta? I don’t live in Georgia, but I can make Atlanta (and places where I can stay). From a quick glimpse on a map , it doesn’t appear to far.

14. Vianney says

Well, I’m not extremly versed in US geography but it seems to me that you will fly to all 4 corners of the us In a very short time (a new location every day)
    I wish you luck but I don’t envy you.

15. Fan in California says

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well — and it sounds like it was just enough to keep you from working but not enough to keep you sleeping the whole time — and, therefore, avoiding the whole coping mechanism. Hope you are feeling much better very soon!!!

Was so hoping you could make it a bit further south — like Los Angeles area bit further south. Will keep an eye out in case you can make it down here sometime.

Take care!!!

16. Delicia says

Glad u guys r touring but sad to see no east coast/Washington doc area-oh well still looking forward to reading book

17. Lynn E. says

I’m hoping to make the August 3rd signing. Austin is a 2 hour drive, but we are moving toward the end of July, and we are not sure yet if we can make it.
    If you have a few hours before or after the signing in Edina, you should try to swing by Uncle Edgar’s and Uncle Hugo’s book store. It is a great place that specializes in mystery and scifi/ fantasy books. It is my one regret since moving to Texas that I can’t go to signings there anymore. It is where I first met Lois McMaster Bujold and Patricia Wrede.

18. Jean says

Book tour etiquette inquiry: So the signing is at a local bookstore (Foxtale Woodstock), is the general etiquette that you buy the new book, Magic Breaks, at the book signing store? And should you bring your old books to the store to be signed?