Author Topic: HEARNE, Kevin  (Read 8476 times)

dsolo

• Free Person of the Code
Re: HEARNE, Kevin
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 02:24:53 pm »
I just returned all 4 books in the series to the library today.  Enjoyed them all.  I don't know if shivering in anticipation would describe his reaction to Morrigan.   I did find his descriptions of the various gods and mythologies entertaining.  Gives you a whole new perspective on Thor.  I also liked his inclusion of the Navaho trickster god.  I've run across Coyote in several other series, and he's always been a favorite (even if he screws up sometimes).

kitkat9000

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 06:11:29 am »
Thor! OMG, I forgot about Thor. Always thought the Norse stories contained an insane quantity of alcohol. Long cold winter, lots of dark nights...I get  it, I do. But did they really need that much booze? Makes you wonder how they managed to live long enough to die on a battlefield what with the damage they did to their livers. Always wondered what might have happened if the fools warriors in that longhouse hadn't been drunk off their asses when Grendel first showed up. His version of Odin was none too complimentary either as I recall. Although, thinking back, his versions of all the Gods depicted so far have shown them in all their flawed not-so-glorious personalities. ATM, I'm thinking that I kinda liked his Christ. Caveat though, I have to reread them soon as my recall is failing.

Chelle

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 07:46:06 am »
so IDC 4.5 is finished and to be released next month.  To Ravens and One Crow , a novella that is to be The Morrigan taking Atticus to see Odin.  Apparently he has a bone or two to pick with our little Irish lad.  Go fig.

I can hardly wait.

On another note, how can Hearne keep cranking out so many books one after the other?  When does the man sleep?  The first three were released within a year, and the three main books for the next set will as well, plus this mid-point.

(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:09 pm »
Ravens and one Crow is this week :)  jumP
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.