Ilona Andrews

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Magic Shifts has been released! Feel free to discuss in the SPOILER section!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: after novella in Angels of Darkness what happens next?  (Read 38958 times)

smeech

• Kitten
after novella in Angels of Darkness what happens next?
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »

Gordon said in the blog comments to the August 4, 2011 post about Andrea's book and Kate 6:

"No our Publisher Ace is publishing the Andrea story as well as the Jim and Dali book. Here is the real poop: We kinda changed our mind about letting them have Alphaz cause they, despite promises to the contrary, wanted to change it into a happy joy romance, so we gave them the novella for the anthology and instead of a bastardized Alphaz, they get two spinoffs from the Kate world. The Andrea and Dali books will be full length novels."

First of all, great job standing up for your story and not letting them change the tone. Your fans like Alphas just the way it was when it was just a fun extra on your website.

But what happens with Alphas now? Is nothing planned after the novella in the Angels of Darkness anthology in October?

smeech

• Kitten
Re: after novella in Angels of Darkness what happens next?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »

On Ilona Andrews' Facebook page on December 3, 2011 a fan, Douglas Meeks, posted, "I heard that you guys were going to proceed with the Alpha series, that true (am I the only person that can't keep up?) I loved the Alphas:Origins"

And Ilona replied, "So many people asked that we kind of have no choice."

On Ilona Andrews Facebook page on December 9, 2011 a fan, Lauren Curry, asked if they would continue Alphas and if it would be a series.

And Ilona replied, "Hey Lauren, a lot of people asked for continuation, so we will do something. I don't know exactly what."

So chances look good that us Alphas fans have something more in the Alphas world to look forward to in the future. Yay!   

cortlandb

• Lyc-V Infected
Re: after novella in Angels of Darkness what happens next?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:19:54 am »

Soooo ... I just read Alpha Origins and .... I am kind of blown away. Very different from your normal style. Some of it unsettling. However like everything you write - I got sucked in and really want to find out how this story ends. What is the status of Alpha? The link to the FAQ in one of the previous posts is a dead link and I didn't even see Angels of Darkness listed on the main site. If you don't plan on continuing it would you consider a paragraph synopsis of what the thoughts were of where it would have gone? Just hoping for a bit of closure on the story.

I am also confused by the ending of the short story.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Pages: [1]   Go Up