Author Topic: BUROKER, Lindsay  (Read 7639 times)

Raven

• Kitten
BUROKER, Lindsay
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »
Lindsay Buroker is an indie author and just by chance I read The Emperor's Edge series on my sister's Kindle which I confiscated for a few weeks.  There are three books out so far and I devoured them.  Unbelievably good.  The first one is called The Emperor's Edge and it's 99 cents on Kindle.  The second book is called Dark Currents and the third book is called Deadly Games ($3.99 ea. on Kindle).  It's a character driven steampunk fantasy and did I mention it's unbelievably good?  Even if you're not a fan of steampunk, and I'm not...give this a try.  It's unbelievably good!

pereger13

• Kitten
Re: BUROKER, Lindsay
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »
Stumbled across 'Encrypted' last week and have been devouring everything she has out ever since. Can't wait for book 6 in the 'Emperor's Edge' series! They're only available in e-format, but I would pay hardcover price for these.
BTW
The first in the series, 'The Emperor's Edge', is available free. Check it out!
=A
=A

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:08 am »
Pereger, thanks for the tip. I jut downloaded The Emperor's Edge, now you've made me curious.

ETA: That was a great book, thanks for the tip! I am glad to have discovered this author!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:45:30 am by Argantel »

DreamWeaver

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 09:32:13 am »
Thanks for mentioning this author.  I read a free version of Emperor's Edge on Smashwords and I was hooked.  The main problem that I have with her books is that I want to see what happens next and I end up staying up to 2:00 AM in the morning.    jumP

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 01:37:25 pm »
@ Dreamweaver: I know the feeling, all of her books cost me sleep. It does get a bit better the second time around  :) Oh, but they're goood.  bOOk

Desme

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:49 am »
The first chapter of Forged In Blood is available on Lindsay Buroker's website http://www.lindsayburoker.com/.
The alternate point of view is Sicarius's  jumP
A kick in the teeth is good for some
A kiss with a fist is better than none

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:24:52 pm »
Book 2 of Forged in blood is due out next weekend  jumP Chapters up on her site.
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 11:43:05 am »
Good. So I can finally go and buy Forged in Blood I. I ran in the opposite direction as soon as I had heard about the cliffhanger at the end of FOB I. But now it's finally almost save to get it. :D

Desme

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:24 pm »
Good. So I can finally go and buy Forged in Blood I. I ran in the opposite direction as soon as I had heard about the cliffhanger at the end of FOB I. But now it's finally almost save to get it. :D

You did the right thing. It was one hell of a cliffhanger. :-X
A kick in the teeth is good for some
A kiss with a fist is better than none

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »
part 2 is up  jumP jumP

milo

• Alpha
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 03:59:16 am »
 jumP
"Here Kitty Kitty Kitty"
"I can't let him kiss me again, because if he does, I'll sleep with him."

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 01:39:39 pm »
I don't know if I mentioned this here but Emperor's Edge bk1 is offered as a pod cast for free in audio on itunes. You need to search it as PODCAST *not* audiobook {which you'd have to pay for} each podcast is one chapter.

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 09:23:58 am »
Lindsay is about to publish her next book. I'm really curious what she'll be making of urban fantasy. If there are no explosions I will be sorely disappointed. Is anyone else itching to read it?

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 10:12:09 am »
Lindsay is about to publish her next book. I'm really curious what she'll be making of urban fantasy. If there are no explosions I will be sorely disappointed. Is anyone else itching to read it?
It's up at amazon under "Torrent", and it's 99 cents till Tuesday in the US. I've grabbed it.

Also, bk4 of EE will be up as audio in the near future but with a different reader.

Bat

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 12:02:58 am »
I just discovered her "Fallen Empire" series and am loving it.  Good writing in my favorite genre with a slow developing love interest.  I finish one book and just want to keep consuming the series.  I am so glad Buroker decided to venture into the SF genre.

ParTy.   LIONbook

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"