Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 01, 2014, 01:48:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The MOVIES thread  (Read 13518 times)
aleXIII
Beta

I could do this. I just had to stay cool. Zen.

« on: April 09, 2011, 06:25:13 am »

Just watched Changeling (1980). It was amazing and thrilling!

" If I made it through this in one piece, I'd need some sort of medal to commemorate it..."
mrsj
Beast Lord

Fulltime dreamer..

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:41:26 am »

RIO...   Smiley

I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!
Lekismet
Beta

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:33:37 am »

Dr. Zhivago (1965) - Not my typical movie, but I saw the whole thing, and I could not get parts of it off my mind (some great scenes and some "errors" maybe  in the film itself). Maybe I am a "Closet "Romantic"?

Imagination is more important than knowledge. - A. Einstein

Really Listen - You may actually learn something.

Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid.  Goethe ....  And some of us seem NOT to learn what to avoid — again and again... Lkt
mrsj
Beast Lord

Fulltime dreamer..

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:57:50 am »

I went to watch "Source Code" and I love it!
Anyone watched it?

I had goosebumps at the end.. thought it was brilliant!  Smiley

MinnChica
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 10:57:51 am »

I am so behind... I finally watched Inception this weekend. ZOMG FABULOUS!!!

The hubs and I went to see Source Code as well. I really liked it, I thought it was great. The hubs was so bone tired that he passed out during the movie.  Sad  But said the parts he saw were great. LOL

Also watched Easy A on Netflix instant watch. Loved it! It was so cute, and had great 80s movie references.

The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com
CheeseBK
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

rabid reader

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:37 am »

I saw Thor last weekend and thought it was good. I've always loved mythology, especially Norse mythology and this take on it was interesting. There are some truly funny moments and all in all it's a movie where you just sit, munch popcorn and don't think too much. Just what the doctor ordered for me Grin Grin Grin  In some parts it has a kind of.... computer-game-ish flair. Didn't bother me at all, but I guess people are different when it comes to that. Thor is a Marvel-based movie and dealing with an interpretation of Norse Mythology, so I didn't go there expecting something terribly realistic. But I heard a few people complain about how outlandish it all was. huh! I think they didn't really know what kind of movie this was supposed to be, hm?

Although I gotta say every book I ever read on the topic had Heimdall a typically Norse-looking guy, not dark-skinned as in the movie Grin
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:34:15 am by CheeseBK » Logged

Lekismet
Beta

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:47 am »

I saw Limitless a few days ago. A good movie with non-stop pacing and an interesting concept with a twist at the ending.
Yum...Bradley Cooper's eyes are so hypnotically intriguing! I could just melt right into those beautiful blues.  drooly
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:41:54 am by Lekismet » Logged

Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid.  Goethe ....  And some of us seem NOT to learn what to avoid — again and again... Lkt
mrsj
Beast Lord

Fulltime dreamer..

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 07:42:37 am »

er.. I thought Thor was ok.
Watched it in 3D.. I didn't feel any 3D effect? *lol*

CheeseBK
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

rabid reader

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 01:46:38 am »

er.. I thought Thor was ok.
Watched it in 3D.. I didn't feel any 3D effect? *lol*

Well, I noticed the 3D effect (but the impact of it also depends on where you sit in the room) but it was not as good as with Avatar, for instance.

oreoparris
Alpha

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 03:29:47 pm »

Just saw Tangled for the first time and thought it was so cute.  (Evil witch was kinda scary).  Going to rent Shutter Island this weekend, can't wait!
Yala
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 03:37:04 pm »

Damn it, I still haven't seen it Shocked And I wanted to ever since it was in the cinemas *pouts*

mrsj
Beast Lord

Fulltime dreamer..

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 09:40:27 am »

Just saw Tangled for the first time and thought it was so cute.  (Evil witch was kinda scary).  Going to rent Shutter Island this weekend, can't wait!

Yes yes!! I watched Tangled recently too.. very nice!

Lekismet
Beta

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 10:54:15 am »

Damn it, I still haven't seen it Shocked And I wanted to ever since it was in the cinemas *pouts*
I did too Yala. I even bought the book "The Art of Tangled" (being into art {making & appreciating it}). Small screen for now! Sad

Argantel
Beast Lord

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 07:16:55 am »

Has anyone seen Gnomeo & Juliet?
oreoparris
Alpha

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 05:07:26 am »

Has anyone seen Gnomeo & Juliet?

No but I know a few people who did and they liked it.  I did want to see it but never got the chance.  I will be renting it when it gets released on DVD.

Saw Shutter Island last night with a few friends and it wasn't what I expected.  DiCaprio has turned into an amazing actor and the film itself was good, but just like the Changeling with Angelina Jolie, I wish I knew more about it before I watched it so I could prepare myself (of'course that would have ruined the movie - oh well).  Good movie but don't know if I would recommend anyone seeing it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: