Author Topic: T.V. The Good and The Bad!  (Read 31504 times)

Lekismet

• Beta
Re: T.V. The Good and The Bad!
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2013, 09:43:16 am »
I thought Legend was vampires? They only came out at night? Maybe it was kind of a combined thing.   

The premise of the movie was that a pharmaceutical company came up with the "cure" for cancer. This drug, made from a virus, caused people to basically become zombies and attack others in turn. Many animals became infected and became zombies also. It did not matter what time of day you could be attacked. It starred Will Smith as the main character. I really liked that his character was written with much depth.

I may end up like you and have Walking Dead viewing marathon.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - A. Einstein

Really Listen - You may actually learn something.

Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid.  Goethe ....  And some of us seem NOT to learn what to avoid — again and again... Lkt

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:37 pm »
I thought Legend was vampires? They only came out at night? Maybe it was kind of a combined thing.  

The premise of the movie was that a pharmaceutical company came up with the "cure" for cancer. This drug, made from a virus, caused people to basically become zombies and attack others in turn. Many animals became infected and became zombies also. It did not matter what time of day you could be attacked. It starred Will Smith as the main character. I really liked that his character was written with much depth.

I may end up like you and have Walking Dead viewing marathon.
I only read the book, and it's been a while ago. I'll have to go check.

Yes, the *book* was about Vampires. Altho the infection vector was more similar to zombies than traditional vampires. I guess the many movies based on the work have mostly switched them to zombies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(novel) The concepts in the book are more in line with what people generally explore with a zombie Apocalypse, loneliness, and rebuilding of society after massive infection. But the infected were vampires, they could think and reason and speak and responded to religious symbols and couldn't go in the sun and were killed in a traditional manner. Towards the end, they found medication that allowed them to stay in the sun for a short  time.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:47:09 pm by Vinity »
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

Lekismet

• Beta
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2013, 03:50:57 pm »
See Vinity's reply above.

That is really interesting. I never read the book/graphic novel, so all I knew was what was presented in the movie. I now want to read them to see the differences. Always interesting to see why and what has been changed; usually for the worst in most cases.

Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid.  Goethe ....  And some of us seem NOT to learn what to avoid — again and again... Lkt

Lekismet

• Beta
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2014, 11:39:37 am »
Walking Dead!!! OMG! Wow, just wow.  wOrshiP
Ok, I have decided to watch AMC's Walking Dead Zombiebowl, a marathon of the first two seasons today. I cannot watch all the episodes today, but so far I am liking it. As I once wrote before, I really do NOT like most zombie movies, TV shows, etc., to say the least.

See how it goes...

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2014, 01:53:29 pm »
Walking Dead!!! OMG! Wow, just wow.  wOrshiP
Ok, I have decided to watch AMC's Walking Dead Zombiebowl, a marathon of the first two seasons today. I cannot watch all the episodes today, but so far I am liking it. As I once wrote before, I really do NOT like most zombie movies, TV shows, etc., to say the least.

See how it goes...
So how do you feel now?  It's a good show, yes?
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

Lekismet

• Beta
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:30 pm »
I really like it. I am glad that I gave it a chance. I still tread lightly around zombie themed movies, books... I do not think I will be watching World War Z anytime soon, though.

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2014, 03:21:53 pm »
Anyone watching The Vikings? I've seen quite a bit of advertising on this side of the pond for it and it looks very good. Now I wonder whether I should get netflix to watch it since I don't have a TV.

Lekismet

• Beta
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »
I like it for the most part; it is interesting and I like some of the characters quite a bit. Most of the the main characters are well rounded and not one dimensional.Most of the costuming and other props seem genuine; however I am not a scholar in this era.
Also, it is very intriguing, whether it is correct period language or not, that every once in a while the dialogue reverts into a Saxon based (with a little Latin thrown in), "Pre-English" dialogue between characters. There are sub-titles when this happens. There are a very few minor "issues" I have a problem with, but they are non-plot oriented details. But that is me...

I like the series and I think you would like it as well. Go ahead and rent it, stream it, whatever... Try some of Season 1 at first and see if you like it. Over here the History Channel is well into Season 2 of the series. If you like it, you will have many episodes to look forward to.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:44:29 pm by Lekismet »

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2014, 04:43:26 pm »
Thanks Lekismet! That sounds indeed very nice. I'll definitely give it a try once I have figured out my current time consuming tasks.

Desme

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2014, 05:20:58 am »
Has anyone been watching Orphan Black? It's about Sarah, who's a bit lost in life, and witnesses the suicide of a woman who looks exactly like her, then start to meet other women with exact same face.
The first season was soooo good!
A kick in the teeth is good for some
A kiss with a fist is better than none