Author Topic: The MOVIES thread  (Read 52409 times)

aleXIII

• Beta
  • I could do this. I just had to stay cool. Zen.
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 10:29:05 am »
Has anyone seen Water for Elephants yet? Is it good?

" If I made it through this in one piece, I'd need some sort of medal to commemorate it..."

Ying

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 08:14:43 am »
I really enjoyed Tangled. It was really funny, I love it.
I watched I am number four last night. It was okay but I think it would make a good book, I might check it out.

rasmusb

• Lyc-V Infected
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:25 am »
I saw Thor last weekend and thought it was good. I've always loved mythology, especially Norse mythology and this take on it was interesting. There are some truly funny moments and all in all it's a movie where you just sit, munch popcorn and don't think too much. Just what the doctor ordered for me :D :D :D  In some parts it has a kind of.... computer-game-ish flair. Didn't bother me at all, but I guess people are different when it comes to that. Thor is a Marvel-based movie and dealing with an interpretation of Norse Mythology, so I didn't go there expecting something terribly realistic. But I heard a few people complain about how outlandish it all was. huh! I think they didn't really know what kind of movie this was supposed to be, hm?

Although I gotta say every book I ever read on the topic had Heimdall a typically Norse-looking guy, not dark-skinned as in the movie :D

So am I the only one who though the actor who played "Thor" would make an awesome Declan?

CheeseBK

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
  • rabid reader
    • my livejournal
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 01:57:40 pm »
heh, rasmusb, the guy who played thor (chris hemsworth, btw) would make an awesome ANYthing :D :D :D he's definitely droolworthy ;)

the scene where he smiles and the girl takes a picture of him? gotta love that smile!

miki

• Cub
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 06:57:44 am »
i still havent' seen the film but it's on my dvds list so in something like 4month i will be about to have an opinion about it .

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 11:44:42 am »
I love love love Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.. Johnny Depp! double love!!!  <32
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

Yala

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 02:42:32 am »
Thank you for posting that! I've been hearing horrible stuff about the movie and was starting to get unsure whether or not to go see it hUg2

Libby13

• Beast Lord
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 07:13:54 am »
Thanks mrsj I'm going to see Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides tonight in 3D! I wasn't sure if it would be any good but then figured 'hey it's Johnny Depp as Captain Jack and in 3D who cares what the storyline is' always nice to know it will be doubley (is that a word?! If not why not!) worth going <32
“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.

Ying

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 08:08:40 am »
LOL. Enjoy the film Libby.

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 10:54:56 am »
hehehe... note to all: I do love Johnny Depp A LOT.. *lol*

I didn't watch the 3D version though but I still love it.
He is as kooky as ever and yet charming despite he looks dirty..  ;D

Lekismet

• Beta
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 11:15:11 am »
.. Johnny Depp! double love!!!  <32

I was to see this movie last weekend, however myself, another friend (not my friend in trouble), and my suicidal friend's parents (and family) had to keep vigil over my friend. I''ll see it, but my friend comes first.  

I really hope she will get through this. Maybe she will let us take her to the movie this weekend unlike last weekend. She is also aBig Time Depp Fan!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:28:59 am by Lekismet »
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - A. Einstein

Really Listen - You may actually learn something.

Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid.  Goethe ....  And some of us seem NOT to learn what to avoid — again and again... Lkt

Foxen

• Alpha
  • Highly Caffeinated
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 09:00:26 pm »
heh, rasmusb, the guy who played thor (chris hemsworth, btw) would make an awesome ANYthing :D :D :D he's definitely droolworthy ;)

the scene where he smiles and the girl takes a picture of him? gotta love that smile!

Hear, hear! Besides, don't I remember Ilona saying something on the blog along the lines of, "shave him and he could be Curran"???

If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:48 am »
X-Men: First Class

1 word - WOW!

Libby13

• Beast Lord
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 02:26:22 pm »
X-Men: First Class

1 word - WOW!

Isn't it amazing! I went Friday night and I loved it!!! Loved the little inside joke things they put through it
“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
The MOVIES thread
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 01:00:41 am »
Went to watch "Green Lantern"

Very disappointing!  :(