Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 22, 2014, 08:42:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The MOVIES thread  (Read 11609 times)
oreoparris
Alpha

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 10:30:42 am »

I need some help....going to visit my sister this weekend and we are suppose to do scary movie night.  Not sure what to get.  Has anyone seen Insidious or Case 39?  Do you have any recommendations?  Would prefer scary as opposed to gory, and not a fan of movies like Halloween or Friday the 13th.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
mrsj
Beast Lord

Fulltime dreamer..

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2011, 08:37:17 am »

Mission Impossible 4!!

I can't wait for "The Girl with the dragon tattoo"!!

I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!
Argantel
Beast Lord

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:21 am »

I'm in a tie: should I go and watch "In time" or Sherlock Holmes"? Both trailers look dearly exciting. Ah I guess you can tell which one I watched prior to writing this.  Cheesy
CheeseBK
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

rabid reader

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 12:24:44 am »

I'm in a tie: should I go and watch "In time" or Sherlock Holmes"? Both trailers look dearly exciting. Ah I guess you can tell which one I watched prior to writing this.  Cheesy

I saw sherlock holmes II and it was awesome. dunno, if that helps you, but I really enjoyed the movie, it was fast-paced and had a great villain!

Argantel
Beast Lord

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 02:09:24 pm »

Thanks Cheese, we went and saw Sherlock Holmes 2, very very nice. Fast paced, wow definitely, great stunts and fighting, the ending was very funny, tehe.
Kalimera
Alpha

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 01:17:14 pm »

I can't wait to see "Underworld : Awakening" !! I love the soundtrack too...
What about you?  Smiley

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
But I don't know how

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me ?
And after all
You're my wonderwall...

Wonderwall, Oasis
Argantel
Beast Lord

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2012, 01:33:25 am »

Kalimera: The trailer did look nice. However, I pay the equivalent of 12€ or more to go to cinema here, so I am very picky about the films I choose.
Kalimera
Alpha

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2012, 11:31:06 am »

Argantel: Yaouch! I so understand you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:21:38 pm by Kalimera » Logged

And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I would
Like to say to you
But I don't know how

Because maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me ?
And after all
You're my wonderwall...

Wonderwall, Oasis
CheeseBK
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

rabid reader

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2012, 02:04:01 am »

Kalimera: The trailer did look nice. However, I pay the equivalent of 12€ or more to go to cinema here, so I am very picky about the films I choose.

wow! not even 3D movies are that expensive here. and I have a card of the cinema here so I can buy my tickets online, which gets us a price reduction, too.

Argantel
Beast Lord

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2012, 01:11:21 pm »

wow! not even 3D movies are that expensive here. and I have a card of the cinema here so I can buy my tickets online, which gets us a price reduction, too.

What I will be watching this year for sure: The Hobbit. Unfortunately that one is not out until December... Sad

Hahaha, you don't even want to know how much I paid for Avatar in 3D. Really, I didn't want to rant, it's just that I'd love to go a lot more often than I allow myself to.

BUT I am looking forward to a lot of great movies this year. E.g. the hobbit, although that won't be on until December...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:12:58 pm by Argantel » Logged
milo
Alpha

« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2012, 07:38:56 pm »

You don't even want to know how much the movies cost in Australia think $18 for an adult ticket for a normal d movie i wont even mention how much a 3d one is

"Here Kitty Kitty Kitty"
"I can't let him kiss me again, because if he does, I'll sleep with him."
kikucat
Alpha

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:57 pm »

I guess you don't have a problem watching 3-D movies Smiley Some people *me included* can't watch 3-D without getting dizzy & nauseous. It has to something to do with the inner ear? & how our brains perceive things. I have the same problem playing certain video games & even watching TV. An example is I was watching Cops & they were chasing a car. The camera was jigging all over the place & the action was almost blurry it was so fast. I got sick from watching Sad
Is 3-D that much better or is it all hype ?
Argantel
Beast Lord

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 06:07:23 am »

kikucat:
Nope, I don't get dizzy. But I once sat very far to the side in a 3D movie and then the images did not completely overlap, so they had a double edge. If that explanation makes sense? That was initially irritating but after a while I could ignore it, until it started annoying me again. Thus, more strenuous for the eye than sitting in the middle and distracting.
Apart from that, well, 3D is fun but it's not all it's cracked up to be in my opinion.
Now you make me wonder, do you also get seasick?

milo:
Ouch, that is even more than here (I just googled the conversion rate of AUD to DKK).
lacrima
Beast Lord

IQ may vary

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 07:39:24 am »

I pay about the same as you, Argantel. 3D movies mostly aren't more expensive here, they just make you pay a deposit for your goggles. Or some other cinemas you buy the goggles (I think it was 3 euros?) once, and then you can use them again.

Master of Procrastination
"No, I'm ranting for fun, because I'm a disagreeable bitch!"
kikucat
Alpha

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:52 am »

Yes, I do get sea sick, motion sick...There was an article on the web about folks like me whole had problems watching 3-D. All I remember is that it had something to do with the inner ear. But that makes sense since your inner ear controls your balance.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: