Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 02, 2014, 11:51:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEE, Sharon and MILLER, Steve  (Read 1787 times)
BlueMtn
Beast Lord

Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.

« on: July 31, 2009, 10:07:19 pm »

The Liad Universe series:  LOVE these books.  I have to say, I've not really enjoyed their other stories much, but the Liad stuff I really have enjoyed.  Start with Agent of Change and see if you don't agree!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:15:50 am by Ying » Logged

e_booklover
Cub

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 09:47:34 am »

I recently got hooked on their Liad series too Smiley.  I haven't read any of the others but I can see why they are so popular.  Sharon Lee announced on her LJ the other day that Baen is going to be re-issuing them as omnibuses.  Here is the link to her information Grin  http://rolanni.livejournal.com/459592.html

BlueMtn
Beast Lord

Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »

Suggested reading order for Liad Universe books:

Agent of Change
Conflict of Honors
Carpe Diem
Plan B
Local Custom
Scout's Progress
I Dare 
Crystal Soldier
Crystal Dragon

Same universe different timeline:

Balance of Trade

More info on authors:
http://www.korval.com/liad.htm

smeech
Kitten

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 02:16:12 pm »

I love the Liaden Universe series. It is my 2nd favorite series behind Kate Daniels.

These books have humor, very awesome world building, spaceships, aliens who are turtles and live thousands of years, romance, spies, mercenaries, family disagreements, epic battles between good and evil, and non stop action.

These books make you laugh and gasp in shock and keep turning pages long after you should be sleeping because you MUST find out what happens next.

It's the closest thing to Ilona Andrews I've ever found. There are happy ever afters, tons of laughs, lots of cool worldbuilding, and awesome action. Lots of plot twists that you never see coming. The main female character Miri kicks ass all the time while being shorter than everyone around her. These are "happy feel good" books.

Start with the title "Agent's Gambit" which includes the first 2 novels in the series, Agent of Change and Carpe Diem. (Agent of Change and Carpe Diem can be hard to find in print by themselves.)
jojane
Cub

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:12:30 pm »

The first eleven chapters of Ghost Ship, the new Liad Universe book, are up at Baen (http://www.webscription.net).

I shouldn't have read them, because the wait until August is going to be really long now.
nureia
Cub

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:07:37 am »

Hi!

I am going to give it a try. Quick question: why do they say Conflict of Honors is the first book of the series? Should I start with Conflict of Honors or Agent of Change?
Raven
Kitten

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:38:50 am »

I had this series on my wish list but after reading these posts, I've ordered The Agent Gambit.  Thanks!
smeech
Kitten

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 05:43:35 pm »

@ Nureia: Conflict of Honors is a prequel, a stand alone novel of how 2 of the side characters meet. Conflict of Honors is NOT the first book in the series. The way that the authors wrote the series is really confusing.

How you should read the books is really up to you but I would recommend starting with the main story of Miri and Val Con and then going back and reading the prequels.

First: read Agent Gambit. This book has the first book in the series, Agent of Change, and the second book in the series Carpe Diem, in one big book.

Second, read Korval's Game, which has the third book Plan B, and the fourth book, I Dare in one big book.  The first four books are very closely connected.

So after reading the first 4 books, you can read the prequels. This is where it gets confusing. The main 4 books deal with the children of the characters in the prequels. So if you want to see how their parents met, you can read the prequels.

First, read the book Local Custom- which shows how Er Thom and Anne met, parents of Shan, Nova, and Anthora
Second, read the book Scout's Progress which shows how Val Con's parents met. Third read the book Mouse and Dragon which continues Val Con's parents' story.
Fourth read Conflict of Honors which shows how Shan and Priscilla met (Shan is the foster brother of Val Con)

Fifth, the book Fledgling and the book Saltation deal with Theo, a daughter of someone (I cannot say because that is a spoiler) Both Fledgling and Saltation have a time overlap with the main books I Dare and Plan B.

Crystal Soldier and Crystal Dragon deal with the past way before the 4 main books with Val Con and Miri. Think like great great great great great grandmother of Val Con. You can read Crystal Soldier and Crystal Dragon whenever, because the events are so far back in the past.

The newest book being released is Ghost Ship in August 2011 which takes place right after I Dare. Fans have been waiting to find out what happens after I Dare for a very long time.

Here is a link to the author's website if I have confused you. Sorry! http://sharonleewriter.com/bibliography/correct-reading-order/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: