Author Topic: SPENCER, Wen  (Read 16349 times)

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
Re: SPENCER, Wen
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 10:38:17 pm »
How did Baen get the ARC before the rest of the world? I need to go re-read these
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

kikucat

• Alpha
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 10:50:38 pm »
I think Baen is the publisher. So they can offer the ARC to those who want to pay :)

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 11:08:31 pm »
I think Baen is the publisher. So they can offer the ARC to those who want to pay :)
Well, that is kind of cool :)

pereger13

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2013, 08:16:21 pm »
Much as I already love Wen Spencer, 'Eight Million Gods' blows me away.
Nikki has to flee prematurely to Japan, and two months later is still stumbling around not knowing much of the language and being clobbered by culture shock at every turn. Then she gets arrested for murder and has to rethink all her assumptions about reality and mythology. I love the setting and research; I love the characters; I love the plot and how it is gradually revealed; I love Nikki's 'disorder' and her coping mechanisms. And I especially love the creative way the author has found to work in other points of view. I REALLY hope we get a sequel to this one.
=A
=A

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:15 pm »
Cool, it goes on my TBR pile.

Bat

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 06:00:29 pm »
I just discovered this author and read "Tinker". I will definitely have to acquire some of his other works, unfortunately the digital library here doesn't have any of his stuff :-(

Wolf Who Rules is just as good if not better than Tinker :)

This is good, I definitely want to read it, though in Tinker I thought the hook-up was a bit too fast and I'm not totally invested in it, though the rest of the story was so good that I managed to overlook it.  I was kind of disappointed with what he did with the
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
character and am a little curious if we see him in later books and whether he will end up in the like or despise pile
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 06:02:12 pm by Bat »

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"

jewelwing

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 10:04:30 pm »
Wen Spencer is a she, so you know. Yes, the hookup was a bit fast, but there is much more to the story.