Author Topic: What are you currently reading?  (Read 163720 times)

Bat

• Free Person of the Code
Re: What are you currently reading?
« Reply #765 on: February 14, 2017, 01:42:10 pm »
I have gone on a Nora Roberts kick.  Some of it has been older stuff (no references to cells phones and internet here) and some more recent.  A couple have really caught me because the personalities of her man characters are so atypical, extremely intelligent and showing it in though processes and dialogue, not just told to us by the author, and very quirky personalities.

Read "The Obsession" and  "The Search". Both with a serial killer angle, but both with very different main characters and story lines.

And then on the lighter side  "Summer Pleses", a two-fer. I loved the dual perspective in both these books and the particularly enjoyed the parallel trains of thought of the two main characters in "Second Nature"

I might have to dive into the JD Robb world of Eve Dallas again.  I got a little burnt out on that, but it's been long enough that I can probably suck down another 10 books before I have to take a break again..... just in time to start anticipating "White Hot"

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #766 on: February 15, 2017, 12:21:11 pm »
 I'm listening to the audio of One Fell Sweep and it's super as always. I was at the signing at BN and the Duke panel with Ilona and Gordon after so I picked up some Katherine Ashe I haven't read. I got some Eloisa James signed even tho I have most in audio. I was sad Sarah MacLean couldn't be there.

Other than those, I've revisiting my beloved Discworld. I had only listened to Shepherd"s Crown once cause it's the last and I sried thru it the first time. I'm doing better this time. Still crying but not nonstop.
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

jewelwing

« Reply #767 on: February 16, 2017, 04:40:10 pm »
I just reread JINGO and am currently on FEET OF CLAY. What Pratchett could have made of our current situation! Actually JINGO is pretty close.

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #768 on: February 27, 2017, 07:28:08 pm »
I love me some Sir Terry. I do wonder what he'd have made of the current events in the US right now. 45 would be a insane big bad in DIscworld

jewelwing

« Reply #769 on: March 12, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »
Just finished ETCHED IN BONE by Anne Bishop and before that, SILENCE FALLEN by Patricia Briggs. Currently on MAGIC FOR NOTHING by Seanan McGuire. It has been a particularly good week for reading, because the weather pretty much sucks.

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #770 on: March 13, 2017, 11:46:51 am »
Just finished ETCHED IN BONE by Anne Bishop and before that, SILENCE FALLEN by Patricia Briggs. Currently on MAGIC FOR NOTHING by Seanan McGuire. It has been a particularly good week for reading, because the weather pretty much sucks.
Haha! TWIN! I haven't started Magic for Nothing yet tho. It's not in audio yet and I prefer those that way. That way I can keep moving. Maybe with the crappy weather I can take an ebook break tho.

I felt the end of Etched in the Bone was a let down.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:49:27 am by Vinity »

jewelwing

« Reply #771 on: March 31, 2017, 01:19:54 pm »
I was fine with EIB, because it is kind of in a different gear than her other series. I thought the level of detail was about right for the style she chose for this series, so I didn't miss things others might have preferred seeing up closer.

Having reread SF once, I can tell you that things look more obvious on the reread than they did when I was gobbling it up the first time through.