Author Topic: the INTRODUCTION thread  (Read 291440 times)

allie

• Cub
Re: the INTRODUCTION thread
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 03:02:31 pm »
Hi everyone *waves*

Well I finally caved and joined after lurking since April!  I swore I wouldn't because I really don't have the time, but Ilona & Gordon's books and this site are soooooo addictive - total literary crack  eviL

Adriana

• Cub
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 09:34:32 pm »
I almost never post, but I have been reading the Forum for quite some time now :)
Decided that I would rather post than work hehehe so I will posting more now, and that called for an introduction (i dont remember doing one before)

My name is Adriana Barrantes, as everybody here I am a huge fan. I live in Costa Rica and work giving support to the OS OpenVMS. I have a daughter, Im married and I am really bad at talking about my self since I dont even  know what else to say LOL. Im a animal fan too, specially cats and dogs (big to huge breeds)

I guess all I can think of saying now is : Hi all! ROFLMAO :D

Cheers,
Adriana
-------------
Think Different
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=G5qfDv4IppM

Dove

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 09:06:27 am »
Hi everyone! I recently joined the forum, but I've been lurking around for quite sometime now. I love all the speculation you do here. I'm an industrial engineer and a passioned reader. I love the Kate series and On the edge. Kate is actually one of my favorite heroin of all times  ;)

wfuDDeaconMed

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 07:31:07 pm »
Hey all,

I created an account this summer to ask Ilona a dying question I had, but haven't had to time to really "hang around" around recently. I'm a medical student in North Carolina, but went to high school and undergrad in Florida. I'm a huge fan of Ilona & Gordan's work as well, and am looking forward to sharing my obsession with like minded fans :) Have a spectacular rest of the week.

sbg2vie

• Free Person of the Code
  • There's no live before coffee
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 07:39:35 pm »
Hi everone!
first... yes I lurked, yes I obsess, but  wOrshiP thank god I'm not the only one (was getting worried a bit)

I'm 23, from austria (middle of nowhere in salzburg, now living in Vienna. hence the name) and finance my book addiction working as a consultant. I can't really keep the genres apart but my favorite books are (judging by their bedraggled looks).... *drum roll* Kate Danies (you would never have guessed, right?), Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan, the Samaria Novels by Sharon Shinn, Nadia Stafford series by Kelley Armstrong and so on and on and on .....

I have no children and no pets but an intense relationship with my coffee maker. I couldn't live without coffee. Or chocolate for that matter.

So, I'm addicted to books, coffee and chocolate. And I'll just take more of #2 and #3 till I get my next fix on #1. By May I will be a hyperactive version of aunt marge (oh I nearly forgot Harry Potter on the book list)....

Please help me!!!
Monika
Instant human - just add coffee

escapist

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 09:29:59 pm »
Hi everyone,  I am new to the forum, but found the Kate books in May and have been obsessed ever since.  I'm 34, live in New York City with my husband and 2 kids (3 and 1).  I discovered urban fantasy a year ago and it has been my escape from diapers and nose-wiping.  Not that they are not the cutest noses ever, but at the end of the day, I like to transport myself to a place where no one needs me to feed them, bath them, etc...  I have been looking at the recommendations on the forum.  I really like not-too-sexy urban fantasy.  I love Patricia Briggs, Ilona, Karen Chance, Jim Butcher.  I'd love more recommendations.  I need something to keep me sane until June!  Thanks for organizing the forum!  It's really nice to know I am not the only crazy one!

nightli

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 04:12:00 pm »
New to the forum and just wanted to say hi to all my fellow addicts! I bought Magic Bites as a Birthday Present for my sister back in May, as I'm Living in Austria and my family is in Germany I managed to read the books in August when I was home for a few days (my sister read the book in 1 day and bought the other two the following day  :D). Ever since I'm quite addicted to Kate, Curran and Co (and of course now The Edge books as well)... So, more about me: I'm 28, I live in Austria (for the moment) but am from a small (only 127 inhabitants) village in western Germany. When I was younger I started to read fantasy and science fiction (david eddings and michael a stackpole are still two of my fav. authors) and when I  stumbled across Patricia Briggs' Mercedes Thompsons Books (only last year - so I had loads and loads to read) I was hooked again. And, well, as you may Know and understand I just can't wait for May! But as I have to work on my PhD, I have loads of stuff to do in-between (not as interesting... but at least something to do)...
Her we like!

Ellyll

• Kitten
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 05:52:25 pm »
Hi, I'm Ellyll, and I'm not too good at introductions.  (Wow, you've got a great set of smileys here!) 

I got the Ilona Andrews books pushed on me over at Hurog, and now I'm about as addicted as the rest of you.  And since I read the blog every day, I figured I might as well join.  :D

Um.  I'm in my forties, and I live with two adults and three kids, and I read most things, though my true love is fantasy.  A confession: I'm the evil mod over at Hurog who keeps the Ilona Andrews thread healthy through regular pruning.  * ducks *  Maybe I shouldn't have confessed that....   paW
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay, and you pay, and you pay.

Furry

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 03:59:54 am »
Hey, I'm Furry (short for Jennifer, I have an annoying little-ish sister who picked that nickname years ago and it stuck, my postman must think I'm crazy since I often get letters addressed to Furry!). I absolutely love the Kate books and On the Edge and have read them so many times now I've lost count. I come on the Forum several times a day but I usually just read the threads so I thought it was about time I actually posted something as well. I'm from Manchester, UK. Once I sent an email to Ilona and Gordon and Gordon actually replied! I was so excited. I never expected an actual response.

Anyway, I start work in one minute so I'd better go. Back to the exciting world of business insurance! :(

Luv Furry
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milo

• Alpha
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 07:23:46 am »
Hey Im milo im 23 and from Australia and no i don't have a pet kangaroo. I love reading and according to my family read to much when i should be studying.
"Here Kitty Kitty Kitty"
"I can't let him kiss me again, because if he does, I'll sleep with him."

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 11:52:06 am »
My bad for jumping into discussion without introducing myself.. :-[

Hi all, it's really great to be able to participate in the forum finally!

I'm 28 y/o from sunny Singapore and I'm an urban fantasy/paranormal romance book junkie..  ;D
I always wonder when can I ever stop reading or buying books but the books never stop publishing and the books just keep getting better and better, books after books.
Guess I'm hooked for life now..  ;)

Cheers!
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

dingo baby

• Beast Lord
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 07:53:11 pm »
Okay, so I've been on this forum for a couple of weeks now and have been happy to just jump into conversations and add my 2 cents, but timid to actually introduce myself. 
*gathering courage* It's been much easier to be like a ghost.  So, here I go.

I'm 33 years-old mother of 3 (boy age 6, boy age 4, girl age 1).  I grew up in California, currently live in Utah in the Rocky Mountains.  I mostly stay home with my kids, but work a (very) part-time job where I get to talk to people all over North America speaking English and French.  I love to cook (not necessarily clean up), hate cleaning the bathroom, enjoy playing with my kids, and dream of a clean house that stays clean longer than 15 minutes.  I didn't like reading as a kid, didn't have time for it in High School, and in College I felt like I needed to read my text books if I was going to read.  Now, I'm a voracious reader.  I have to have a book to read at night or I don't know how to go to bed.

"What kind of shapeshifter has orange fur anyway?"
"Weredingo."
Now I'd seen everything. Well, at least he didn't steal my baby.

Tiz

• Kitten
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 06:14:21 am »
Hey everybody!I've finally decided to register on this forum after 2 weeks (gosh i'm lazy  :#) )

My name is Anastasia,I'll be turning 17 in a couple of weeks.I'm biracial (a mix of Russian,Ukrainian,Persian,Polish and something else haha) And curantly i'm staying in Malaysia, i travel a lot since childhood and i love books. So i'm completely in love with the Kate Daniels series, I've read all three books in two days, surviving only on chips,water and 4 hours of sleep a day.

So nice to meet you! ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:20:35 pm by Tiz »

Ms. Duck

• Cub
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 01:02:13 am »
Hello everyone.   ;D

Im Ms Duck, sometimes can be found at Jim-Butcher.com, lurking thru Baen, or on those horrible days when i have to work, radio shack  eviL
Hiyas ! Im Da Duck. :)

Jaygur

• Free Person of the Code
  • Your Confident if you KNOW your going nowhere...
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 10:47:55 pm »
<--shy butterfly

sorry, I kinda just peeked into the forums and I couldnt look away.  xD
I blame my curiosity. If I was placed right next to a box that held the destruction of the world in its depths, I'll be the one trying to gnaw the dam thing open.

Anyways,
My name is Jackie, but ppl always call me Jay. I'm 18 and prone to much reading. I like cooking and I know 5 languages...minus 4...and a half. haha
I'm a sucker for cheesy jokes and low fat yogurt. I dont know what else to talk about...
I'm...asian?
yea. story of my life.
I'm a Curran Lover even though I would probably irritate the hell out of him. Oh well, Clinging is not a crime when your 100 pounds lighter then he is. ^_^

uh, if there is anything else I need to add, just tell me.   :police: PEACE
*next on to-do list is to find out how to do a spoiler thing*

OH! this is my first time on a Forum. So Parade, Confetti, Balloons, Cake, Cookies for everyone. yea all that good stuff. ^_^
I looked up at the sky,

up at the stars and moon,

thinking to myself,

Where the hell is my roof!?