Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 22, 2014, 06:36:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the INTRODUCTION thread  (Read 64590 times)
Shortyanna
Kitten

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 03:39:51 pm »

Hi everybody. I am 19 years old. I live in a small town in Alabama and I constantly wonder does Atlanta look like the place in the books now? But no. Anyways I am addicted to books and I rather read for fun than read a book assigned for class.Yuck! And yes I am a good crazy person I have friends and a huge family to back me up on that. 
yodamom
Free Person of the Code

Using the Force Everyday

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 01:06:30 pm »

Hi, I am a fan of Ilona Andrews work, love both series. Curran, wow I would love to roll in cat nip and let him play with me. LOL Great character !  Other authors I like are, Karan Marie Moning, Kim Harrison, Charliane Harris, Gerry Bartlett, Colleen Gleason, Jeaniene frost, Cassandra Claire. I love UF books that have a touch or romance. I am chewing my lip off while waiting for the next book to come out.

Yodamom
First get the facts. Then you can distort them all you want.
Mark Twain
Leesie
Kitten

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »

Hi everyone!  I am in my 30s, live in Ojai, CA and LOVE Kate, though I must confess that it took me a while to actually purchase the first book (sheepish grin) but Amazon was relentless in their recommendation, thank goodness!  I have an Australian Shepherd named Cool Hand Luke who forces my husband or I to hike every morning, a cat named Felix who terrorizes the small animals in our neighborhood and an African gray parrot named Mikey who makes all the noises he hears on a daily basis, which can be embarrassing at times!

I love books, they have some of my best friends between their covers.  I haunt used bookstores and amazon.com and definitely buy more books than I can keep up with.  I cross genres all the time and love to read anything by Christopher Moore (he is hilarious and amazing if you love satire),  Clive Barker’s YA stuff, Karen Marie Moning Fever series, Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, David Eddings, Neil Gaiman, Jasper Fforde, early LKH, Kelley Armstrong etc. etc…I could go on and on and will simply stop now.

I push books.  I can’t help it.  If I think you will like it, watch out…But I love receiving recommendations as well, so this forum is just what I need!   Thanks everyone and I look forward to swapping favorites and enjoying the treats Ilona and Gordon share with us!
Dhana
Kitten

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 01:32:32 pm »

Hi everybody!
I'm new here, too, number 406  Cheesy
Well, to talk about myself: I'm a 23 years old german girl, and I discovered the books of Kate and Curran recently and until then, I suspect I'm addicted to them. I couldn't wait til the german Book Release and that way I started to read Magic Burns in English and to visit english sites, like this one  Grin
So, greetings and kisses to everyone,
Dhana

Dhana
Kitten

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 03:06:46 pm »

Hi sbg2vie and girlmom! Thanks for the warm welcome! (Is it called this way in english, too?!? Roll Eyes)
 thankyou
Ooops, I made a mistake: I read Magic Strikes in english and Magic Burns and Bites in German. I got mixed up with the different titles  Wink
Well, sadly I have to say: not yet. But I've ordered Magic Bites and Burns in english already. But I can say that the translation is very likewise,
but there are different highlights in some of the conversations, you see, how would you translate "yeez" ? Grin
But the fun reading is the same as there is a different play on words (as far as I can understand everything in english that is).
The only thing I read in some recensions is, that the name of the attacking fish demons (I don't know how they are named in english) in Magic Burns is not that good translated. The ones that hurt Kate badly while she was in her apartment with Julie.
Well, I'm curious about the cross-talks between Curran and Kate in English! After I read them I could tell you more.
But from my point of view the books didn't loose any of their charm to me during the translation. Well, let's see!  Cheesy

Dhana

mumki
Lyc-V Infected

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 10:02:21 pm »

Hi.
A friend of mine pushed me to read Magic Bites a few weeks ago while I was roaming the local B&N. I, later, found this forum during a really slow night at work.
A little about me...I'm a 29 year old mom of an adorable 3 year old girl. I read mostly urban and paranormal fiction with a few regular joe mysteries to mix it up. I tend to get a little too involved in books, like everyone else, and let the cleaning slip. I love to cook. I'm not the best, but sometimes my inventions are edible. And I'm not very good at expressing myself through the written word. I, normally, prefer to annoy people in person.  Cheesy

"Screwy...is that a medical term?"
mashbay
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 09:52:06 am »

Hi!
I'm feeling a bit old after I read some of the other intros, but here we go.  I'm 36 and live in NJ with my husband and 3 children.  We moved here almost a year ago from CT.  I read 4 or more books each week, but Kate is my favorite!  I can't get enough so I'm glad there are some other addicts out there with me!
Spot
Cub

Proud member of the Furries

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 12:48:26 pm »

Hello everyone...
It's taken a while to introduce myelf, but I'm another lurker... Grin I won't say how long I've been aware of this forum. I used to hate books until my mother plunked the Black Stallion series into my hands, and then it was Harry Potter... I came across the KD series when a friend of mine was reading it during Socials class, and when she started giggling, I had to know what she was reading Shocked
Anyways, being a source for snippets and other Kate obsessors fans, I just had to say hi.  Cheesy
LuigiGirlNZ
Cub

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 05:56:59 pm »

Hi Spot!

I too am a newbie to this forum.  I have posted a few things and have decided I should introduce myself.  I'm from NZ and found the KD books on Amazon whilst I was waiting for the next Lilith Saintcrow book.  I work in an environment where I have a lot of spare time (we work 12 hour shifts) and that gets filled with reading. My co-workers would ask me what I was reading because I would either have a silly grin on my mug or I would be sniggering or giggling away at my desk.  I have always been the reader in my family (I think I take after my nana who always had a book in hand). 

I'm totally addicted to the KD books and the Alpha Menz snippets.  Curran POV's are getting devoured also. reading lion

All Hail Ilona and Gordon  worship worship worship worship worship worship

"Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?"

"I'm sorry. His Majesty tends to exaggerate things. I'm not a team player. I'm undisciplined and I have a problem with authority. Also, the Beast Lord can't hammer for ****."
necroline
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 01:44:43 pm »

Hi everyone Smiley

Well I'm French and i discovered Magic Bite last year (in French) and due to me being pig-headed AND way too impatient i decided to pursue my reading in English. Like everyone else i got totally hooked by Ilona and Gordon's writing and I'm  definitely waiting for book 4 (and 5 and 6 and 7).
I'm 22, still studying (not for much longer i hope) and i like reading (fantasy mostly), watching movies and my cats (ok that doesn't really count as a hobby)...
It's been a while since i signed up on the forum but didn't manage to write a post >.< but here i am 

dingo baby
Beast Lord

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 09:30:12 pm »

@ Necroline

I lived in Roeun, Nogent-sur-Marne, Versailles, and Rennes.  LOVED IT!  Only been back once since I left....with my husband while we were still engaged.  But that was 10 years ago. I haven't been to the South of France.  I know--I'm missing out.  I did travel through to Geneve and Bern then to Austria and Belgium for quick visits on my way back to the States. 

"What kind of shapeshifter has orange fur anyway?"
"Weredingo."
Now I'd seen everything. Well, at least he didn't steal my baby.
LilacsRosa
Kitten

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2010, 04:09:04 am »

Hello y'all!
I am called Janee, called louder when I'm reading but Janee nonetheless.
I fell in love with Curran who introduced me to Declan, who is my most recent fictional addiction.
And so here I am.

I must say, I'm loving the smilies...
 ParTy
Shelly
Kitten

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 10:53:00 am »

Hello everyone!   I am new to the forum and am so excited to be amongst Ilona and Gordon's fans:)  I really enjoy the Kate Daniels series, and The Edge.  Looking forward to Alpha Menz!!
lacrima
Beast Lord

IQ may vary

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 10:55:00 am »

Hello and Welcome, Shelly !

Master of Procrastination
"No, I'm ranting for fun, because I'm a disagreeable bitch!"
vikitee
Kitten

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 07:20:12 pm »

hi everyone im vikki, ah its such a relief to know im not the only obsessed person out there!!

I cant decided if im glad i only discovered the books over xmas so i have less time 2 wait till magic bleeds (altho 4 months feels like a lifetime) or if id rather have heard about them b4 and read all these snippets everyone's talking about... gd thing i have the forum 2 keep me sane  worship
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: