Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 31, 2014, 09:35:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARR, Melissa  (Read 3176 times)
Midangel
Kitten

« on: August 08, 2009, 04:23:59 am »

From Fantastic Fiction on the first book, Wicked Lovely:

The clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in this cool, urban 21st century faery tale. Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries. Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world, and would blind her if they knew of her Sight. Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries. Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer. Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention. But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King and has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost! Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working any more, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Has anyone read Melissa's books? The series is called Wicked Lovely, the same title as the first book. It's YA, but you wouldn't think it. The characters are so mature and the writing is beautiful. Almost lyrical.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:36:28 am by Ying » Logged

mjt_3
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:41:26 am »

Yes. I loved Wicked Lovely. Just beautiful.
I also have read Ink Exchange but didn't have the same impact on me that WL did.
Now that you have mentioned it guess what I'll be reading tomorrow!!

* Note to self: work more on sweet and less on psycho-killer*

Midangel
Kitten

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 05:08:38 am »

Hehe.  Wink

I've had Ink Exchange on my TBR pile for a while, so today it's going to be read and reviewed. I wasn't too keen on Lesley in Wicked Lovely, so it will be interesting to see her personality in this book.

pattepoilue
Cub

is currently reading her life away!

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 06:08:50 am »

Yes! I loved Wicked Lovely !  Cheesy
But i didn't read Ink Exchange because i was worried it'd be too sad for me  Cry ....and now i'm torn because i'd love to read Fragile Eternity , but i should probably read Ink Exchange first.... oh the dilemma lol :Smiley

Good Mazoku
Free Person of the Code

Bookpusher extraordinaire.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 11:06:26 am »

I have Wycked Lovely in my TBR pile now, it's gotten here the other day along with my other precioussssssessss. Cheesy Bookpushers stop at nothing and pimp to their own kind... Wink :Smiley

Knocking on wood. If I were touching wood, I'd be a lot happier.
skyblue
Free Person of the Code

Shapeshifters Rule!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 06:49:09 pm »

I own Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange (both in pb)   I loved WL and Seth but I wasn't so crazy about IE  and didn't think my family would exactly appreciate the $20 to by the hard back of the new one!

And you guys are right her books are so lyrical almost like a poem (but not)! Grin

Curran is Purrfect!!!
Cem
Cub

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:50:13 am »

I read Wicked Lovely and really enjoyed it, Ink Exchange, I wasn't too fond of. I'm now almost halfway through Fragile Eternity and feeling torn. It's better than Ink Exchange, a lot better, but I'm not sure I like where it's heading. Still, only one way to find out  Wink
Artangel
Free Person of the Code

Book addicts R us

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:23:20 pm »

I've read Wicked Lovely and enjoyed it. Ink Exchange, not so much. I read two other books while I was reading it which I rarely ever do. I have the third one and probably will get around to it eventually but we'll see when. There are too many awesome books out there right at the moment.

Curran's Kitten Tongue
skyblue
Free Person of the Code

Shapeshifters Rule!

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 11:41:35 pm »

Ya well if you guys really love it, post it, it might be worth the $20!

Curran is Purrfect!!!
Midangel
Kitten

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 11:20:22 am »

Ink Exchange is still on my TBR pile.  Embarrassed

It kinda got relegated to the bottom of the pile for some reason.

But, how fantastic that Wicked Lovely is going to be made into a film. Grin http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118008672.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

mjt_3
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 05:24:06 am »

Well, thats interesting. Not to surprising I guess with the whole Twilight thing. Unfortunately I am quite often disappointed  by the move from from book to screen, so I would love to be pleasantly surprised by this movie! Smiley

* Note to self: work more on sweet and less on psycho-killer*

Midangel
Kitten

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 10:04:42 am »

Well, since Wicked Lovely has more substance to it that the Twilight series, I'm hopeful for this movie. Smiley

And the film,Twilight, sucked so bad!!

waterlily
Kitten

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 05:11:54 pm »

Its going to be interesting to see how they do the whole shining thing with Keenan. I hope its going to be good.  drooly

"Nothing special, aside from the load of pandas they brought in, and the teachers abandoning us to cannibalistic savages-" I paused to see if I'd caught his attention yet, then pressed on. "The whole building caught fire, then I failed drama, and then sex, sex, sex."
Dad's eyes abruptly focused, and he turned to me and frowned. "What did you say they were teaching you in school?"" — Maggie Stiefvater  (Shiver)
tolouse
Kitten

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 07:48:05 am »

I loved Wicked lovely, and if gets made into a film, I will definitely watch it.
I have Ink Exchange, but I only got halfway through it, it just wasn't nearly as good as the first one, and I wasn't really feeling the magic the same way. I have been thinking about picking it up again, just to see if it really was so bad, but I'm not sure it's worth it. How good is the third? good enough to read through IE for?
readingrush
Kitten

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 09:44:03 pm »

Has anyone listened to the audio version of WL? I got the audio version from the library today and then seen that I have it in my dead tree TBR pile.

Is the audio easier to follow or would I get more out of it actually reading it?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: