Author Topic: Casting  (Read 5171 times)

SarahMB

• Kitten
Casting
« on: September 18, 2015, 01:00:48 pm »
Not sure if this needs to be in the Spoilers or not, so I'm putting it here.

Who do you see when you picture the characters?  I heard a rumor somewhere that Mad Rogan was based off of Vinnie Woolston.  I can see it in the face, but he seems a little too thin (not enough muscle):

I have no idea for the others.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:55:32 am by SarahMB »

SarahMB

• Kitten
Re: Casting
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 01:39:34 pm »
How about Carey Mulligan for Nevada?  She's a little pale, but she's blonde w/ brown eyes...

Or Carrie Underwood, she tans nicely:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:50:58 pm by SarahMB »

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 01:32:12 pm »
Someone suggested Bryana Holly on Pinterest, and in a few of her pictures she is really close to my mental image of Nevada

A little too young, and I imagine Nevada slightly plumper and more muscly, but so close. In some other photos she's too pale and she doesn't have Nevada's dressing style at all... Nevada doesn't think of herself as super pretty of course, but who does, and I bet most people could look pretty spectacular with appropriate lighting, makeup and subtle photoshopping.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:53:45 am by Redmog »

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:15:17 pm »
Or Leona Lewis for Nevada, if her eyes were dark brown...

She's not an actress - I use photos of people and locations to get a better visual in my head, just realised some people may be talking about actual casting here...

SarahMB

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 09:04:35 pm »

She's not an actress - I use photos of people and locations to get a better visual in my head, just realised some people may be talking about actual casting here...

Not actual casting. I was just trying to create a visual of the characters.

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 08:25:00 am »
Yep. I get a vague image but sometimes struggle to flesh it out. Like my personal Nevada has a long face and high cheekbones - I think that was because of the Native American ancestry mention sinking into my brain, and doesn't look very strong on the surface, because that always comes as a shock to the other characters. But I struggled a bit to get a really clear picture.

And I find it so hard to imagine stubble, even though I like it in real life and it's the permanent state of my husband's chin. It goes all cartoonish in my imagination.

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 03:39:27 am »
How about Henry Cavill for Rogan? -He has the perfect colouring.

Let's try it out....

"This is the lousiest circlework I've ever seen. Were you drawing with your eyes closed?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:25:34 am by Redmog »

SarahMB

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 05:19:15 am »
Ooooh. I agree. He would be good too!

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 01:47:52 pm »
How about Carey Mulligan for Nevada?

She (blended with Emma Stone) is actually my Andrea. Short, cute and someone you could see people instantly confiding in.

boudour

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 12:50:40 am »
Or Leona Lewis for Nevada, if her eyes were dark brown...

Oooh, I love this! I had trouble picturing Nevada and especially the shade of blonde that would go with her dark skin tone but this fits beautifully.

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 05:24:43 pm »
I'm not sure about Cavill. He has the look, but could he pull off the attitude?  Could he act as though killing some spoiled socialite because she insulted Nevada is no big deal and make you believe it?  This is Superman we're talking about.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

ashpritn

• Kitten
  • "psych" "Ha Ha"
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 03:21:10 am »
I go with Cavil. I agree somewhat that he may not act like Rogan ( He's one of a kind), but we're not talking about real cast. Just picturing his face. I wish he could be a little more rough, though.  hUg2 And a little more tan....... *sigh*
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:22:47 am by ashpritn »

SarahMB

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 06:57:25 am »
I've changed my mind on Cavill. I'm not sure he's dragon-y enough.

Bat

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 03:38:25 pm »
I've changed my mind on Cavill. I'm not sure he's dragon-y enough.

He's a little too pretty, I can see hm as Adam though

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:04 am »
I've never seen Cavill in anything, but I've heard it's not good. I'm just going on the appearance.

He's a little too pretty, I can see hm as Adam though

Ah, this is a problem I have when trying to create mental images to IA characters. My own tastes in male beauty run to the scrawny, slender and interestingly bony. So when I see someone like Henry Cavill or Chris Hemsworth, I'm thinking they are not too bad looking for someone so unfortunately massive - maybe they would be a good fit given that character is somehow described as being both hulking AND handsome. Too pretty just does not compute.

I do realise I'm in a distinct minority though. :P

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:23:04 am by Redmog »