Author Topic: Augustine....  (Read 5164 times)

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
Augustine....
« on: October 05, 2015, 08:11:00 pm »
I was rereading Burn for Me and I was at the part where they are in the spell room.  Mad had just bullied Augustine into changing Nevada's contract and was observing when she was put inside the circle to start going.  When she first punches the circle it startles him and he drops his tablet.

Am I the only one who would love to see his POV for this scene?  I really want to know what he was thinking.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Bat

• Free Person of the Code
Re: Augustine....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:22:10 pm »
Ooo I loved that scene!

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"

alyaki

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:40:12 am »
I forgot about that scene!  It was really fun to read though - and I agree, it'd be fun to see his POV for that.  Pancakes is rather amusing to poke at. noDDing

ShellyH

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:45:06 pm »
Have been reading BFM again.  There is another scene where Augustine was surprised by Nevada - When Augustine and Mad were duking it out in her office.  She saw through the illusion and called both of them out. 
"That is enough," I barked.  The two men startled.  Augustine frowned. "How..."

I think Augustine has been kicking himself ever since for not figuring her out sooner.

CheeseBK

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
  • rabid reader
    • my livejournal
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 04:50:46 am »

I think Augustine has been kicking himself ever since for not figuring her out sooner.

:) probably  true

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 03:45:52 pm »
What I can't work out is, considering this is all from Nevada's POV, whether SHE knows why Augustine dropped the tablet. Given she's a detective and a good one, she should - I like to read it as she has no idea because she has a mental block about both primes and self-aggrandisement. She was initially pretty reluctant to believe Adam would fancy here, and she seems absolutely certain Rogan can't mean anything serious by her.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:07:05 pm by Redmog »

alyaki

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 09:03:38 am »
What I can't work out is, considering this is all from Nevada's POV, whether SHE knows why Augustine dropped the tablet. Given she's a detective and a good one, she should - I like to read it as she has no idea because she has a mental block about both primes and self-aggrandisement. She was initially pretty reluctant to believe Adam would fancy here, and she seems absolutely certain Rogan can't mean anything serious by her.

I noticed that too, and I agree.  For all that she should realize why he dropped the tablet, I don't really think she does.  Her mental block when it comes to primes and self-aggrandisement is pretty significant, and it sounds like her father, at least, put at least some effort into making sure that was in place (remember, he showed a 6-7 year old stuff about the inquisitions and made sure to point out how that would be her if anyone ever found out, and I'm sure he said and did other things over the years too).  She's generally pretty quick to pick up on things, but if it revolves around her, she just can't seem to see it. 

It'll be interesting to see how she starts to overcome that mental block, if she does, since it doesn't really feel like she can stay ignorant around that kind of stuff forever. 

wont

• Beta
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 03:37:50 pm »
Another  Augustine POV I would love to see is when he is outside Nevada's door when he realized Rogan was there. I would imagine he was pretty steamed. He had to know he could no longer bully her as long as Rogan was in the picture.

Doolittle Advocate

MrsRogan

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 06:22:58 am »
Oh yes wont, I would love to see the POV of Augustine when he arrives at Nevada's house. I would also like to see his thoughts as he walks into the office to see the bunch of carnations on the desk. And when he realises that Nevada can see through his illusion. That whole scene would be very intriguing.

sorryman105

• Cub
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 08:02:38 pm »
Another  Augustine POV I would love to see is when he is outside Nevada's door when he realized Rogan was there. I would imagine he was pretty steamed. He had to know he could no longer bully her as long as Rogan was in the picture.

I'm necroing a bit here and I hope no one minds. Any Augustine POV would likely spoil things for us in a way I'm not sure i want yet. There is such a deep well of information regarding Nevada's ancestry as well as the particulars of her magic. Ilona has flat out told us she has one of the rarest gifts. Magic like that would be something that is very tightly controlled by the houses. The fact that she exists at all is likely something every house would kill.
Blah Blah Blah! Get to the part where she cuts his head off!

Please Click Us! We wanna live!

wont

• Beta
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 10:32:49 pm »
On the scene where Augustine drops the tablet, I agree with everyone that Nevada didn't pick up on the meaning of that, but as much as anything, I think she was completely focused on trying to break the hex on Mr. Emmens. She was so freaked out about the danger Bern was in she was totally zeroed in on saving him. It's possible she thought about it all later, but we can't know that now. It will be interesting to read when she does finally learn she is a Prime. You have to wonder how that will play out with her mother and grandmother. Obviously they know.

Doolittle Advocate

pikapikachuss

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 01:58:30 pm »
Hum.... Mental block + maybe the fact that she is not that informed when it comes to magic (she didn't know how to draw correct magic circles, it seems she just has basic knowledge on them...). She was so sure that her magic came down to a lie detector and just that , she is undocumented since her magic is rare and information about it are kept secret. Thus, imagining herself as a Prime, having that thought, is not conceivable for now.
And yeah, her mother and Grandma definitely know...(Rogan too xD Maybe Augustine too since she broke the hex in front of him?)

As for the illusion part, I may read too much into things but it seems really coherent : she is a truthseeker, I thought she could only detect lies ("vocal lies") but illusions are basically lies (about reality). However, she can't see through the illusion on Augustine's apperearance (maybe it's because he puts a lot of power into that illusion ?). Dunno....

Kitsunegirl

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:35 pm »
Ha.  Love Augustine and Arabella.. they would make such a great match lol...