Author Topic: White Hot and Wildfire Speculation  (Read 6848 times)

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
Re: White Hot and Wildfire Speculation
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 03:14:27 pm »
My WAG for Wildfire:

Catalina's magic is going to be likened unto Helen of Troy. Just a feeling I got from the snippet posted where they go to start the formal registration process.

Arabella... well... whatever she does/becomes is freaking huge, insanely strong and they fear cops or soldiers would shoot her on sight. Also, snippets say the last person with her gift went insane...

Anyone else thinking Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde?
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

LindaR

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »
 Hi all!
I'm new to the forum and I have been thinking about Tina's snippet. Ii suspect the 2nd witness will be Victoria Tremaine.
In favor:  She is a truthseeker.  She is female.
Against: She is from out of town.
I LOVE this series!

zozobraswife

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 10:45:32 pm »
I can't stop thinking about Arabella's magic.  At first, I thought dragon but the people would have been able to recognize a dragon.  Given the snippet that mentioned that "unpleasantness" in Greece relating to someone with Catalina's gift, I started thinking about Greek monsters.  Two of them come to mind.  The first is a Chimera.  The second is the Empusa. 

Here is a quote about the Empusa: 

"7. The Empusa

Unlike the other creatures on this list, The Empusa is perhaps little known and does not appear in any traditional epic or popular legend. However her frightening appearance, and her ghastly tendency to feast on human blood and flesh, more than warrants her place as number seven on our list.

The Empusa is often depicted as a beautiful woman, who transforms into a creature with sharp teeth, flaming hair, and (in some interpretations) bat wings. Empusa was said to be a demigoddess under the control of the goddess Hecate, a being that is often associated with crossroads and entrance ways.

The Empusa would often seduce young men traveling alone. Once the unsuspecting youth was fast asleep, the creature would shift to her hideous form and devour the boys flesh and drink his blood for sustenance. The Empusa is probably best known for her appearance in  Aristophanes’s The Frogs, where she terrifies the god Dionysus as he travels to the underworld." From http://classicalwisdom.com/top-ten-terrifying-monsters-greek-mythology/

I like this image for Arabella:

From https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/eb/93/02/eb9302a3d05cbb5eb4253689ccbe120b.jpg

Empusa makes sense given Arabella's reaction to Augustine's demon illusion.  Another point, the Empusa is a type of Greek vampire.  Let's think about the Ilona Andrews stories.  Aren't there always vampires?  Isn't it odd that Hidden Legacy has no vampires?  Any other thoughts on Arabella?

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 10:25:27 am »
Hi all!
I'm new to the forum and I have been thinking about Tina's snippet. Ii suspect the 2nd witness will be Victoria Tremaine.
In favor:  She is a truthseeker.  She is female.
Against: She is from out of town.
I LOVE this series!

I'm thinking Lenora Jordan. I know she's a favorite for being Cesar right now, but if she is a good guy I can see her being happy to volunteer on the grounds that the other witness should be someone who can "balance" Rogan's apparent lack of concern for the law. And she'd probably appreciate Nevada's willingness to step in on a case like the kid napping in White Hot but still think it should only be on special cases and not something the police rely on everyday. After all, what Neva does isn't admissible in court.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

pikapikachuss

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 11:16:36 am »
Thanks for this information zozobraswife  ! It was interesting =)

sdihop

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 08:30:27 am »
is there a wildfire spoiler discussion somewhere? :-D