Author Topic: Cover for second book in Hidden Legacy  (Read 8415 times)

Kalimera

• Alpha
Re: Cover for second book in Hidden Legacy
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 02:02:31 pm »
I don't care much about the covers... It's a plus if it's pretty, but it won't influence my reading the book.
And if you want a crappy cover, take a look of the French cover for Magic Bites.  RoFl

Wow., the eyes on the French cover are just freaky. But it's better than the UK cover

http://melsrandomblogs.blogspot.com/2011/11/same-bookdifferent-cover-magic-bites.html

Oh, I'm sorry, it wasn't that cover I was talking about. This is actually the 2nd edition, that was printed as a last try to get the series to sell in France (yes, the first cover was that bleh).
Here are the first covers for Kate 1 to 3 :

judemh

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 09:59:14 pm »
I would never base a book purchase on a cover design. From everything I've learned over the years, most authors have no or almost no input on the design. Sometimes they get lucky and they like it. Other times not so much. It's a rare thing for a cover to accurately portray characters in a book. What I do know is, Ilona is an automatic purchase for me. It's fine with me if the cover is a solid color and nothing but the title and the author's name. I know they will write a terrific story, one I will gladly reread many times. The cover just isn't important.  LIONbook

When I only bought books from a bookstore I relied on the cover to help me decide if I wanted to read a book by an author I hadn't read before.  Now I only read Kindle books, so I check the reviews or get a free sample before I buy a book from a new author.  However, some authors are a must read...like you, I would buy a book from ilona Andrews if it had a plain cover.

ashpritn

• Kitten
  • "psych" "Ha Ha"
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 06:33:50 am »
I agree. When I started reading Urban Fantasy books, the cover almost made me avoid the book for one year. It looks cheap. And reflects bad on IA. I picked up the Hidden Legacy book first at my friends request. She's a book maniac, and was gushing and gushing about the book. Thanks to her Im now addicted to IA's book. But I think they are going to change the trashy cover. Many complaints went to Nancy about them.

chp

• Lyc-V Infected
Cover for second book in Hidden Legacy
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 10:21:08 pm »
I am another who was initially turned off by the cover.  But once I read the other series of Ilona Andrews - I'd give it a try. It is great -It does not reflex the book- it looks like a more sex than plot book.

Question how do authors decide on cover art ??