Author Topic: Casting  (Read 6496 times)

SarahMB

• Kitten
Re: Casting
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »

Ah, this is a problem I have when trying to create mental images to IA characters. My own tastes in male beauty run to the scrawny, slender and interestingly bony. So when I see someone like Henry Cavill or Chris Hemsworth, I'm thinking they are not too bad looking for someone so unfortunately massive - maybe they would be a good fit given that character is somehow described as being both hulking AND handsome. Too pretty just does not compute.
That's what is so much fun with the casting threads, though. You get to see different ideas of what the character could look like. I mean, we know Nevada is blonde, brown eyed, and tan. Look how many different images people came up with that meet those guidelines. I actually like some of the other suggestions more than my own.

Kalimera

• Alpha
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 01:04:36 pm »
Well, the actors that come to my mind as Rogan are maybe a little too old and not very accurate... But :

- David Gandy

- If we can take artistic liberties, Sam Heugan

- Heath Ledger (my poor heart)

Bat

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 03:53:37 am »
Hmm David Gandy works for me, although in some of his shots he looks a little rough and old.  Heath Ledger will always be a boy/very young man to me, so I can't even begin to imagine him in that role.

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"

Kalimera

• Alpha
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 06:10:39 pm »
Okay, what about him then ?

His name is Stanley Weber, I think.

Bat

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 12:42:41 pm »
Okay, what about him then ?

Ooooo he can brood at me any day :-)

"Eaten any adventurers lately?"
"Sure, just had one this morning. Look, I still got his femur stuck in my teeth.  Is that upsetting to you?"

wont

• Beta
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »
Just my two cents, David Gandy is not only too old, but isn't nearly handsome enough, IMO. I know he has followers, but I'm not one of them. I like Henry Cavill, but not for this part. I will have to search for a link to who I'm thinking of.

Stanley Weber possibly. He was a really good, cold blooded bad guy in Outlander.

Leona Lewis' hair and skin look close, but I just don't think she is pretty enough. Still looking.

Doolittle Advocate

SarahMB

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 04:48:04 pm »
Vinnie Woolston still is my Mad Roman, face wise. Maybe stick his head on one of those Olympic swimmer's body and it's a winner. (^__^)

wont

• Beta
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 03:24:51 pm »
I'm with you, VW would make an excellent Roman.

As for Rogan, I'm going to have to put parts of different guys together. Right now, I sort of have the eyes. Let me be clear, I'm only talking about the eyes on this guy. The tats, shaved head don't work for me. But, the eyes not only have the color, but the semi-sociopath thing going.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/gallery/p2p-80599337/

Doolittle Advocate

pikapikachuss

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 06:18:18 pm »
Hum.. It's not a real person but the first time I saw this drawing, I immediatly thought "This is Mad Rogan O.o !". I don't even know if he fits the physical description but I've always seen Rogan as this guy xD :

http://las-t.deviantart.com/art/Leeroy-Flowers-Never-Lie-Cover-Art-563596573

wont

• Beta
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 03:42:02 pm »
He has the evil going, but not really Mad Rogan for me.

Doolittle Advocate

Kitsunegirl

• Kitten
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 08:56:49 pm »
timothy Dalton in his James Bond days... RoFl <32

Chelle

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 04:31:53 am »
Mad Rogan...

A Helmsworth brother with his hair dyed black.

Any Helmsworth brother. That family is blessed.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Kitsunegirl

• Kitten
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 12:58:29 pm »
Still like Timothy Dalton, esp when he's smiling LOL.  Here's the trailer from Living Daylights - oh so much Mad there, LOL..

http://www.jamesbondwiki.com/page/The+Living+Daylights