Author Topic: Kate Daniels optioned to Voodoo television  (Read 3924 times)

jewelwing

• Free Person of the Code
Re: Kate Daniels optioned to Voodoo television
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 11:33:43 am »
I don't get offended, honestly. I just get protective of the author when someone buys the rights to the series, and the fans of the author don't understand that the screen version is not under the author's control, and blame that author for what happens onscreen. And those fans of the screen series who read the books then blame the author because the books, written long before the screen version, don't support the visuals from the screen series. It's not offensive but it is unjust to the authors, who are trying desperately to make a living by writing the best books they can, often barely making ends meet - many of them keep their day jobs for a long time - until they can sell screen rights. Neither Stephen King nor J.K. Rowling was in that position.

These threads are for expressing opinions, in a civilized manner of course, and you are well within those limits. I think it's great to hope for the best, but personally I would rather be pleasantly surprised by unmet expectations than disappointed by them.

Renegade

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 01:51:31 pm »
Jewelwing, when I said I hope for the best, it is that I am hoping for more books in the series after book 10.  I know the limitations most authors have to deal with, most frustrating I would think would be someone buys the rights and than does nothing with them, and another group comes along and wants to do something with them but missed their chance.

I wish for the best for all involved, and (a bit selfish of my yes) I really hope for the Kate Daniels series to continue past book 10 :)

--Renegade--

jewelwing

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 09:54:16 am »
The best would definitely be more KD books, or at least more in that universe where we get to see Kate and family occasionally. Spinoffs could keep me happy for quite a while. So many ways to go!