Author Topic: Magic Binds discussion {No spoiler button needed}  (Read 4151 times)

hotiedethknt

• Cub
Re: Magic Binds discussion {No spoiler button needed}
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »
What has gotten to me the most from this book is the implications of Jezebel being bound  to Roland just as Adora.  So we know that Julie first found out that she was bound to Kate in Book 6 while Kate was in Europe getting the Panacea.  Did Jezebel do anything behind the scenes to help Julie meet Roland?  Why did Jezebel not inform Roland of Rowena giving Kate Daniels the information to help her in saving Julie in Book 5 during the Light Keepers.  Was Jezebel a reluctant supporter of Roland once she was given to Kate by Aunt B in book 4. 

I really enjoyed Erra and Semiramis in Magic Binds, I am looking forward to seeing how Erra or maybe Semiramis continue to aide Kate. 

ps.  So do we now call this the Kate Lennart series?

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 05:24:13 am »
Okay, so at the end of Magic Binds we know that Baby Lennart is on the way.

Curran is scary.

Kate is scary.

Just how scary will their kids be?  Would they be First Shape Shifters who can also pilot vamps and use blood magic? (That would make the more dangerous than most when you factor in the regeneration with the blood magic.)  Or would it be like a 50/50 chance if they'd be a shapeshifter like Dad or a magic user like Mom?

This bloodline could get a whole lot more uber before this is over.

(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

hotiedethknt

• Cub
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 09:56:17 pm »
I have also been wondering if the Divine tiger that Curran ate have any effects on the baby?  Curran said he was feeling side effects but did not want to discuss it with the kids in the car (Derek and Julie).  Were those effects still in Curran's system at the time of the conception?

Kalimera

• Alpha
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 01:01:28 am »
Maybe the side effects of eating the tiger were that it helped conceive Baby Lennart ? I don't really know, it was just a thought in passing...

Also, I cannot wait to see pregnant Kate. And Curran and Erra's reaction. The look of terror on Doolittle's face.  RoFl

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 11:46:21 am »
Would pregnant Kate be more or less scary than Pregnant Andrea?  I mean, not even Raphael seemed to have a pair big enough to tell Andy 'no'.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Julez

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »
It's funny how much this bothered me, but I though it was really sad that Andrea's mother's name wasn't also used as part of baby B's name (even if we don't know it).  hUg1 From reading Gunmetal Magic, I think she was very brave in her own way, and she sacrificed so much for Andrea (and they were very close). I think baby B should have been named for both her grandmothers (and Kate too!).

Julez

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »
Also, is it wrong that I like Roland? :angel:

Despite all the terrible things that he has done, I can't help but like him. I don't think that he is out and out evil, or a flat pantomime villain. I think he started out, just like Kate. A hero. I think that he is what happens when someone has godlike power, centuries of immortality to brood, the urge to meddle/improve, the Shar as a driving force and absolutely no brakes, ties or safety nets, (Kate has friends and an adopted family circle to centre her, and sometimes even she struggles – and she is only in her 20s). His mindset is so removed, so far beyond what 'normal' behaviour is, as to render the concept completely alien. One of the most terrifying things about him is that he really can't see why what he wants is wrong.

He can be monstrous, but he is also extraordinary. I loved the balcony talk scene between him and Kate – it was one of my favourite moments in the whole book. As was THAT moment at the wedding. I know he needs to be stopped, but I will be more than a little crushed if he dies.