Author Topic: The Casting Thread...  (Read 350402 times)

izzie

• Lyc-V Infected
Re: The Casting Thread...
« Reply #825 on: February 09, 2016, 08:16:05 pm »
Ooh, I can definitely see Katrina Law as Kate!

I've always envisioned Charlie Hunnam as Curran. He's great at being aggressive/intimidating as well as charming and sweet. liongrin

More supporting evidence under the cut LIONbook
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mairi

• Kitten
« Reply #826 on: February 25, 2016, 11:01:49 am »
YES!!

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #827 on: July 18, 2016, 09:31:50 pm »
A while back, Ilona posted pictures of Gina Carano for Kate. She's just so perfect.

PERFECT!  She's had some supporting roles in movies, enough to get her face out there. Now that the show has been optioned, if they go tv series, it could be a very good launch for her as lead. 

She should be paired opposite another not-too-famous person for Curran. I'm a David
Lyons fan. He's not too tall, has the right coloring with the blonde hair, is nicely ripped and can do intimidation. However he might be too pretty to be Curran.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Kalimera

• Alpha
« Reply #828 on: August 02, 2016, 12:43:26 pm »
I don't know, something just doesn't click with him... I'll have to stand with Chris Hemsworth on that one.

I just found a pretty fanart on tumblr which just cements my need to see Natalie Portman as Kalina :

It was found here : http://womenofmcu.tumblr.com/post/148353731672/runakvaed-jane-foster-queen-of-asgard-mother

Which is supported by this :

What do you think ?

Chelle

« Reply #829 on: August 14, 2016, 06:41:58 am »
Very nice. The good thing about the mother-daughter dynamic in the series is that Kate is said to resemble her father, so you don't have to worry as much about the actresses matching. Kate is likely to be a few shades darker, maybe a few inches taller and probably quite a bit more muscular than Kalina.

As for the idea of David as Curran, I was thinking more season two of Revolution David. He scruffs up well, able to pull off bada$$ and scary then hit you with the "boyish" smile that makes you stumble in surprise.

Then again, what do I know? I think Billy Burke should be the new Harry Dresden now that they've reoptioned that series. There just aren't a lot of actors that are tall, roughly the circumference of a #2 pencil and can snark in their sleep.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Tennemore

• Kitten
  • Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself.
« Reply #830 on: September 06, 2016, 10:42:35 am »
I wish for something that will never happen, Tilda Swinton playing Saiman:

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

jewelwing

« Reply #831 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:19 pm »
Now that would be worth seeing. She would own that completely.

Chelle

« Reply #832 on: September 06, 2016, 05:22:39 pm »
Swinton's natural androgyny makes her a powerful choice.  After seeing her as Gabrielle in Constantine, I've no doubt she could pull off Saiman.  She would bring that air of aloof self-superiority that is the hallmark of the character.

wont

• Beta
« Reply #833 on: September 07, 2016, 02:17:00 pm »
A while back, Ilona posted pictures of Gina Carano for Kate. She's just so perfect.

PERFECT!  She's had some supporting roles in movies, enough to get her face out there. Now that the show has been optioned, if they go tv series, it could be a very good launch for her as lead. 

She should be paired opposite another not-too-famous person for Curran. I'm a David
Lyons fan. He's not too tall, has the right coloring with the blonde hair, is nicely ripped and can do intimidation. However he might be too pretty to be Curran.

Based on this photo, yes she looks like a good candidate for Kate.

Sorry, David Lyons, for me, isn't even close to being Curran. His hair color possibly is close, but he's much too small. Almost looks fragile. If it ever gets that far, I too hope they find an unknown who would fit.

Doolittle Advocate

FuzzyPurplePlates

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #834 on: September 16, 2016, 03:32:02 pm »
So for Kate- Oona Chaplin or Shay Mitchell, for Curran- Chris Evans, Andrea- Margot Robbie, Derek- Dylan O'Brien, Jim- Lance Gross, Hugh- Henry Cavill.

zetadog

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #835 on: October 21, 2016, 04:56:37 pm »
I can picture Katrina Law for Kate.  This is a great story, and there are many actresses and actors that aren't that big.  Whatever happens, I hope it is done well.

Kalimera

• Alpha
« Reply #836 on: June 07, 2017, 03:36:20 pm »
So I was scrolling through Tumblr and I found this :

It's from Wonder Woman, but... Am I the only one to see Kate ?