Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2014, 03:07:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Blade  (Read 6661 times)
3girlmom
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:41:44 am »

Thank you!!!  Cheesy

" It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing really."
Nurslings
Beta

Patience is not one of my reading virtues

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 11:18:42 am »

I loved Silent Blade.  I thought it was so interesting!  and well done for a short Smiley I hope we'll see more in the future!

I read it on my Nook Smiley

Erika
Addicted to Roarke, Curran, Bones, Barrons and Adam.
Momma to L (7) S (5) C (3) and O (6-12-10)
I blog about books at:  http://badassbookreviews.com/
marlowe
Lyc-V Infected

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:06 pm »

I thought this story was outstanding, definitely worth the price. 

ps, I was happy to see it finally available via B&N's web site.
keyboo
Lyc-V Infected

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 06:36:22 pm »

I was able to get Silent Blade from B&N on my Nook a week ago.  Check again, it should be there.

Love the story.  Didn't want it to end and definitely wanted more.  But that should of been a given since Ilona and Gordon wrote it.  I would love to see more set in this world and maybe more of these characters.
Kitara
Beast Lord

Whatever, Your Furriness.

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 08:32:33 pm »

Loved it. 

Don't know why I avoided it for so long. Probably rebellion against no new Kate stuff. 

Anyway, loved the world. Loved the idea of implants vs genetic manipulation. Loved that Celino was stupid boy with no thought to consequences of actions. Loved the poetic justice of him rejecting her, only to fall in love with her when he takes the time to know her after she has grown up. Stupid boy. Should have kept engagement in first place. Stupid.

I wonder why Marcus didn't tell his lord and master whom he worships that the woman he loves moved in next door.  Wink Would have loved more on that. Did anyone else notice that the whole clans who fight each other to remain in power is also in Grace of Small Magics. It is interesting because they are borderline same world, but two totally different stories and characters, so it wasn't until I was finished that I realized the similarities. ::shrugs:: They both work. Like Silent Blade better actually. Am fascinated by assassin mindset.  Evil  And I like the world better. Cooler. Want to know more on melding. Why is it called melding? What exactly is an ele-ribbon? Want more stories in this world.

0_0 I just looked over my post and realized it sounded sort of like the critiques we do in my writing class. Good stuff first. Then stuff that could be better and how to make it better. Oy.

Phantom Poodle Art By Ana
Ilona
Administrator
Alpha

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 11:32:57 pm »

Silent Blade was fun.  I was listening to Pacifika at the time and I write the short to match "Paloma".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNZ4dAtbuuY

I'd like to come back to it sometime, when we're not buried under deadlines.
mrsj
Beast Lord

Fulltime dreamer..

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 06:06:06 am »

I have to get hold of this first..  Sad

I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!
Libby13
Beast Lord

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 06:07:54 am »

I have to get hold of this first..  Sad

Me too!!

“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.
CandaceB
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:40 pm »

Loved it. 

Don't know why I avoided it for so long. Probably rebellion against no new Kate stuff. 

Anyway, loved the world. Loved the idea of implants vs genetic manipulation. Loved that Celino was stupid boy with no thought to consequences of actions. Loved the poetic justice of him rejecting her, only to fall in love with her when he takes the time to know her after she has grown up. Stupid boy. Should have kept engagement in first place. Stupid.

I wonder why Marcus didn't tell his lord and master whom he worships that the woman he loves moved in next door.  Wink Would have loved more on that. Did anyone else notice that the whole clans who fight each other to remain in power is also in Grace of Small Magics. It is interesting because they are borderline same world, but two totally different stories and characters, so it wasn't until I was finished that I realized the similarities. ::shrugs:: They both work. Like Silent Blade better actually. Am fascinated by assassin mindset.  Evil  And I like the world better. Cooler. Want to know more on melding. Why is it called melding? What exactly is an ele-ribbon? Want more stories in this world.

0_0 I just looked over my post and realized it sounded sort of like the critiques we do in my writing class. Good stuff first. Then stuff that could be better and how to make it better. Oy.

My thought was that if they had kept the engagement I don't think he would have seen it as a relationship of equals as much as she wanted it to be a partnership, considering how sheltered she was and (let's face it) how immature he was.  Where as letting them grow separately with different experiences and both coming together as mature adults, I think it made him see her as an equal to be respected. Also, he was so used to getting his way; I think he needed the experience of losing her.  I do agree, he was a stupid boy!  Wink

I really loved the world as well. Great story!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: