Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 03:53:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATA: wolf diamond  (Read 2422 times)
kargirl
Lyc-V Infected

« on: August 28, 2009, 09:04:09 am »

Hi Ilona!!!
First I just wanted to say that I really love your books, and I think the world that you have imagined is just fascinating!

I do have a question about the wolf diamond though.  Sorry if you have already answered it somewhere else or if I'm just being an obsessive fan and overthinking things.  What exactly qualifies as stealing to the wolf diamond?  I know that a person can't take the diamond by force, and it must be given to the new owner.  But at the end of Magic Strikes, Curran and Aunt B both pick it up off of the floor of the palace.  However, wouldn't the diamond still technically be in the rakshasas' possession at the time since it was still in their building?  In other words, will the shapeshifters have a problem in the future with the diamond's curse since the stone wasn't really formally given to them?

I hope this makes sense. Like I said before, maybe I'm just overthinking things Smiley

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:06:17 am by mjt_3 » Logged
Ying
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:14:44 am »

Great question kargirl. Welcome to the forum.
I think, since the rakshasas cheated and forced Sophie to hand over the gem. They forfeited their place in the tournament and therefore "fools" are the winners and the rightful owners of the wolf diamond but that's just my opinion. 

kargirl
Lyc-V Infected

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 12:16:09 pm »

Thanks for the welcome!!  This seems like a great place to be! Grin

hmmm...you bring up an interesting point which makes me wonder about the ownership of the diamond as well.

Are the rakshasas owners enough of the diamond to have an unrelated third party like a witch coven suffer from the curse if they had stolen the diamond from the rakshasas?

If so, and the rakshasas are owners enough to have the curse fall on someone who steals from them then would the diamond be okay with the rightful owner of it stealing it back from the rakshasas?  It seems to focus a lot on virtue and the immorality of stealing.  Would it then be okay with stealing if it was by the true owner or would two wrongs not make a right?
Sachiko
Beta

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 12:44:57 pm »

welcome, kargirl, and interesting question!

hungry hungry verbivore
Ilona
Administrator
Alpha

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 04:45:15 am »

This is one of those questions that was deliberately left open for the reader.  You sort of have to decide for yourself.  Was the whole curse just a rumor?  Did the wolf diamond "kill" ralkshasas for stealing it - after all, Curran did beat Mart to death with it?  Did the Wolf Diamond's curse failed to activate because it wasn't stolen, by taken by the right of might in both cases? 

It's up to you to choose how to interpret it.
Alecia
Cub

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:29:54 am »

Oh, God!

You know we will go crazy debating this right?

oh the fun Evil

I iz a Hawk, nyeh, nyeh, can fly and you can't
3girlmom
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 08:43:28 am »

Oh, God!

You know we will go crazy debating this right?

oh the fun Evil

All of the above! Thanks Ilona!!!

" It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing really."
kargirl
Lyc-V Infected

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 11:11:50 am »

Thanks, Ilona!!!!  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: