Author Topic: CLARE, Cassandra  (Read 20368 times)

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
Re: CLARE, Cassandra
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 10:00:42 am »
@ ozy, it is frustrating for me. Should have just stop at book 3.
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

MistyRaine

• Cub
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2011, 03:56:20 pm »
hey any1 read the 4th book in the series, im not sure if i want to considering how good the ending was and the track record most authors have with sequels. eg maria v snyder poison study awesome magic study a bit annoying fire study just horrid in my opinion

The 4th book was very disappointing and she should have stopped with the 3rd book. I think she did it for the money because Mortal Instruments was supposed to be a trilogy and then she was asked to do more. The main characters were just so lame in this you wanted to smack them and say enough already.

Clockwork Angel was a better book read that instead or get City of Fallen Angels from the library.

ozy

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:08 pm »
 okay looks like u saaved me a few days of dissapointing reading
I DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT IF YOU DONT RETURN MY DAUGHTER I WILL FIND YOU. I WILL KILL YOU. please leave a message after the *beep*

"...She’s pretty sure your dad was behind it.”
“So she and I are like this?” I crossed my fingers.
“More like just the middle finger”

As long as you use your brain, you won't gain weight, even if you eat sweets.

skyestorm8

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »
I actually loved City of Fallen Angels and am really waiting for City of Lost Souls especially with the way CoFA ended.  Really excited for CoLS :)  Big Jace fan :D

dsolo

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »
I liked the Mortal Instruments first 3 books, but didn't enjoy the 4th one as much.  It's beginning to feel like no one can catch a break.  Also,  is it a rule that every YA novel has to have some kind of difficulty choosing between 2 different love interests.  At least in CoFA, it's a male character and not a female.  I read Clockwork Angel and I'm listening to Clockwork Prince on audio.  For some reason, I'm not enjoying the audio as much.  I don't know it it's because of the period, the length or because it feels too long.  I find myself thinking, just get on with it.  At least we find out why one of our male romantic leads is acting like a jerk, but again with the love triangles?  One of the things I love about the Kate Daniel series is the lack of a love triangle.  There was a bit of flirting with Max Crest and Bran, but nothing too serious.  I'll probably finish the series, but it's definitely going to be from the library and not the ebook store (Kate and Curran are on my ebook for frequent rereading).

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 03:34:19 am »
Anyone read City of Lost Souls yet?

I have it but I am giving it a stink eye.

MistyRaine

• Cub
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »
Anyone read City of Lost Souls yet?

I have it but I am giving it a stink eye.

Hahahaha I feel the same way I got it from the library and its been sitting there for a week.

MistyRaine

• Cub
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 04:18:42 pm »
Finally read City of Lost Souls and I liked it a lot more than book four. My only problem with it was[spoiler]Sebastian's incestuous behavior with Clary. I never thought that Jace would turn out to be her brother because it was so obvious that he wasn't but now it was just blatant. Everyone knows Sebastian is her brother so please stop with the inappropriate touching and kissing.spoiler]

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 08:52:34 pm »
I don't know.. I am still looking at the book.
Not touching it. Not sure why?  :(

dsolo

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 03:47:27 pm »
I have to agree with MistyRaine's spoiler, although I think part of that was supposed to up the creepy factor.  City of Lost Angels was ok.  I didn't rush through it, but I didn't give up on it.  Also, she kept giving hints about Will, so obviously there is going to be some big payoff between the Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments.  I'm beginning to question the premise a bit.  Why are the Nephilim having so many problems with their ranks?  It looks like angel blood is not all it's cracked up to be.  Also,  Alexander kind of pissed me off in this book.  The whole world could be destroyed and he keeps worrying about Magnus outliving him.  That whole subplot was just annoying.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.