Author Topic: Kate fan art  (Read 131256 times)

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
  • Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.
Kate fan art
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:14:49 am »
This is the moment when Curran steps into the light after Kate says, "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty."   I had made it for a sig. graphic and I hated to shrink it down so small. 

Hope others has pictures they want to share as well.

paW

Artangel

• Free Person of the Code
  • Book addicts R us
Re: Kate fan art
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:43:36 am »
That's gorgeous!
  Curran's Kitten :P

CheeseBK

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
  • rabid reader
    • my livejournal
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:02:55 am »
looks great, blue! I used to have a poster on my wall, when i was a teenager with a leopard stepping from the dark into the light, very much like curran in your pic... awesome.

Vic

• Beta
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 07:14:03 am »
Definitely NICE!

daeonica

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 07:17:01 am »
That's lovely! What was it made with? Was it on a computer, or pastels or something?

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 12:04:12 pm »
Thanks all! 

Computer generated is all.    I used to draw and paint, but my hands cannot tolerate that kind of work any more, so I can only get my picture/graphic fix this way.  I'd say it's hell getting old, but the alternate is worse, so I'll just mention life is about change and adjusting to what is.  LOL! 

paW

Vic

• Beta
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 03:20:29 pm »
Beautiful attitude Blue... need to always be looking to adapt to what we can't change and still be true to ourselves!  Glad to know you still have an outlet for your muse!

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 05:39:53 pm »
Not quite ready for social security yet, but it seems that most things I loved to do in my life, took lots of wear and tear on the ol' body.    If one sits on their thumbs because they can't do that exact same thing anymore, then they are going to be in a world of disappointment, because it only gets worse.  LOL.
 paW

xxVj7xx

• Cub
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 11:15:09 pm »
That pic is amazing, Blue. Just perfect! Now I can totally see how Kate fell on her ass when Curran stepped out of the light!  ;)
“No thanks. How about I just scream verbal encouragements at you?” “No pain, no gain! That pain is just weakness leaving your body! Come on! Push! Push! Make that weight your bitch!” He cracked up.

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 12:21:24 am »
Blue, you have some incredible Photoshop talent!! Do you give lessons?!?!    ;D
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 09:11:23 am »
Thanks MinnChica!   LOL!  I use an ancient dinosaur program that wouldn't have the same names/commands of modern ones.  This is probably the last laptop I can get the program to work on even, it's unsupported now that the company has been eaten up by others ::quietly sobs::   But if you have project you want some help, give a shout and I might be able to offer some suggestions on how I'd work it to get those results.  Which may or may not be helpful.   paW

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 10:56:06 pm »
I did web search and found several tutorials up on various photoshop programs - you just need to look up what brand you have and find the kind of lesson or effect you are trying for.  Many are free.  They have different levels from beginner upward - go for it!

paW
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:10:36 pm by BlueMtn »

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 01:06:20 am »
That pic is amazing, Blue. Just perfect! Now I can totally see how Kate fell on her ass when Curran stepped out of the light!  ;)

Yes, I just wish I could bring some size perspective to it.  When I had read that part originally in Magic Bites, that picture just came to mind and has been percolating and wanting to come out.   Heh,  I think I 'd have done more than just fall on my butt, if something came out of the dark like that at me.    Excuse, me, please stop the story, must do wardrobe change, thank you.

paW

mjt_3

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 01:20:16 am »
LOL. Me too, but add on a high pitched girly scream ;D
* Note to self: work more on sweet and less on psycho-killer*

Ilona

• Administrator
  • Alpha
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 06:40:55 am »
http://www.gimp.org/

Is freeee!

The oddshots image of the girl was done in gimp.  The original was yellow without a tatoo and with champagne in the glass.