Author Topic: Re: the INTRODUCTION thread  (Read 65268 times)

electricpeppers

Re: the INTRODUCTION thread
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 04:42:25 am »
*De-lurks*

I'm Rebecca, 22 years old and from merry olde England. I'm a huge history nut and I love reading any type of fantasy and history/mythology non-fiction. Although, at the moment I'm reading a lot of dark/urban fantasy -- anything gritty.  :D

I'll leave it there. So hi!

B-ster

• Lyc-V Infected
    • B's Book List
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 05:07:43 pm »
Hey, I'm Beck!  I have to say, I've been haunting this and a few other forums and figure I better eventually register.  Of course it takes a Curran contest to get the fire lit under me, but hey, it could be for worse reasons!  I restarted my book obsession about 6 months ago, when I decided I was bored with playing games online.  Since then, I've discovered many characters I'm addicted too, Kate and Curran being on the top of my list.  I am a 27 year old wife, mother of 3, computer dork (not quite a geek), technical security auditor by profession, and recently a book enthusiast as well.  I'm in Kansas, and am really intrigued by how many countries are represented here.  Hello to everyone!
What is the title of your version of Escapism today?

Caliborn

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 11:22:21 pm »
Hi!

I just wanted to pop up with a short introduction... I've adored the Kate Daniel series for awhile, recently found Ilona's blog and very recently joined this forum :) I'm having fun digging through posts and reading all the speculation and mischief.  You guys seem to have a lot of fun! :D 

I go by the nickname Cali; I'm 21 and live in southern California... and I can't can't can't wait for the next book to come out!  I'll be lurking around~

SylviaSybil

• Beast Lord
  • Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.
    • What If Books Etc.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 02:46:40 am »
Hello, everyone.  I'm Sylvia, and I've been addicted to the Kate Daniels books for five months.   ;)  I picked up Kate 1 in a used bookstore and read it in line for the Watchmen movie.  Then was annoyed when the movie started, of course, and ran out the next day to get Kate 2.  Let's see, I'm a college student in the Pacific Northwest.  I'm currently going for my associate's, then a bachelor's in sociology.  I've been reading the forums for a while and finally registered.  So here I am.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words may break my heart.

Steinchen

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 02:01:41 am »
Hello everybody,

I am Steinchen - 28 years old - and I live together with my boyfriend and my crazy 1 year old Cat "Paul" (see my profile photo) near Bonn/Cologne in Germany.

As it is the first time that I joined a forum like this it is pretty obvious that I am absolutely falling for Kate and Curran :)
and it is good to see that I am not the only book adict, because my boyfriend always tries to convince me I'm insane ;D
I prefer urban fantasy with a hint of romance but read also lot of thriller/crime solving literature.

I'm sure I will have a lot of fun here discussing with you your thoughts on Ilona Andrews' books and your book recommondations.
*wave*
When the storm comes, most build walls while others build windmills

Cherie

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 05:22:55 pm »
Hey all!

I guess it was natural that I'd find my way over here too.  ::) I must admit I lurk more than I should, and don't read (or write) as much as I ought to. For some reason, laptop time tends to turn into internets time... it's a difficult habit to break  :-[

I'm about half way through Magic Burns at the moment, it's been slow on the new books front just recently, but I'm working on it! I promise!

aanzzone

• Cub
  • love & loyalty
    • FB :)
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2009, 10:55:27 am »
Hi!

I'm Aly :) I was playing on my Kindle and accidentally bought Magic Bites... Best. Accident. Ever.

I was talking to a girl on a different forum about the books and I think I was overwhelming her with my excitment, so I registered on here  :D

I'm 19 and I'm starting my second year of college at USF in Tampa, FL, US. I am possibly the only pale person in Florida.

I love watching Notre Dame Football, playing volleyball, and Curran. ;)

Ying

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 11:58:16 am »
Welcome Annzzone.
Yes, we are one happy family when the kids behave. BlueMtn (I'm looking at you), no mashmallows, chocolate please.

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
  • Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 01:57:29 pm »
BlueMtn, we are tough, we can endure the pain of chocolate chunks/buttons.

Here you go Mod's - all the chocolate fantasy I can throw at you - it includes a chocolate fountain (which I will not attempt to toss :D)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:01:05 pm by BlueMtn »

glodot

• Lyc-V Infected
  • My own personal Hellhound! <smile>
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 02:26:51 am »
As requested, I want to introduce myself . . . and me, too!  hahahaha <groan>

For my 50th b-day, I received a bunch of gift cards, and I purchased Magic Bites with one of them.  What a wonderful world I lucked upon, eh?  See, good things do happen when you turn 50!  hahahaha

Vicky Lee

• Kitten
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 05:23:42 pm »
Hey there everyone,

I will also "de-lurk".  I'm a ## year old female from Illinois, US.  I live with 3 guys, one 2 footed, one 3 footed,  one 4 footed, (so there's never any doubt about which one is the guilty party!)  The dogs actually run the place, but they let us live there, and graciously accept the food offerings we make.

Like most everyone here, books are a my passion and after reading the Kate series, I had to check out the website, one thing led to another and just like any other addiction...it just got totally out of conttrol.

The last couple of months is my first attempt at using the web for fun, so be patient, please. 

Cheese, thanks for the invitation, and all the rest of you for being "my" kind of people.

MAGriffin

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 04:02:52 pm »
HI all,

I'm an astrophysics grad student, an unpublished writer, and am mildly obsessed with the Kate Daniels world.  I've read each of the first three books, oh, 20 times each, and have pounced upon every other book/story Ilona and Gordon release.  I sometimes look at things a little screwy (it comes with the job) and love reading everyone's thoughts and speculations.

Kerrie

• Kitten
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 11:25:04 pm »
Hi everyone, I have been lurking on the site for months.  I own not only the books but the audio versions as well so I can listen to them at work while I do my boring weekend job.  I am 33 years old and a stay at home mom in Texas with two beautiful daughters.  I have never posted on any forum ever and logging onto the internet with the girls is sporatic at best, but I really enjoy all the speculation and conversations that go on in the forum.

Patty

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 12:29:01 pm »
Hello, everyone. I have been a lurker up until this point, but I've decided to take the plunge!

I'm a 4th grade teacher in Minnesota. I have a husband who willingly supports my reading habit (bless him!), a 16 year old daughter, a son who will be a jr. in college, and son in the USMC.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments and especially get a kick out of Ilona's twisted (sorry) sense of humor. I will probably stay a kitten forever, especially with school starting soon, but I will be around.  ;)

Sachiko

• Beta
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »
K, who all is supposed to introduce themselves? Do I need to?

well, it's not a requirement... you don't need to introduce yourself... and you've been here awhile, sachiko, so I guess most people already know a bit about you.... but if you still want to post something, we'll all be happy to read it, I'm sure  :D *waves*

Mkay!

Howdy, y'all. I'm Sachiko. I'm 29 and homeschool my 5 kids ages 9-2. I sew and quilt and write and read and swear a lot.

If Ilona is chiding someone about obsessing too much about something, she's probably talking to me. Apparently I cannot have simple love for a book; my only love is stalkerlove.

wolfWINK

I love to talk and I'm looking forward to seeing every one else around! Welcome to everyone else! 
hungry hungry verbivore