Author Topic: Re: the INTRODUCTION thread  (Read 65270 times)

Daisy

• Kitten
Re: the INTRODUCTION thread
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2009, 12:56:11 pm »
Hey everyone im daisy im 18 years old and live in Florida, United States where i work and go to school. I read different genres but mostly im a science fiction junkie and of corse i just LOVE the KD series. Ive been reading the posts for a while and joined because now i can talk to people you love it equally as much, yay ;D

daeonica

• Kitten
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2009, 05:51:57 am »
Hi guys!

I'm 18, female, and from Scotland. I'm currently taking a gap year to go traveling, before I go to Edinburgh Uni next year. So, at the moment I work in a museum cafe 3-4 days a week, and try and work on my novel the other days. In December, I'm off to the Alps to work in a hotel there for the ski season.
So, I'm an aspiring author, hoping to get this story done by the end of November, and polish it early next year. I'm still optimistic at the moment, but there's a reason my favourite quote is "I love deadlines. I love the wooshing sound they make as they fly past."
I'm also a prolific reader, I love urban fantasy/paranormal romance, and I'm open to most variations of mystery stories. I review some of the books I've read over at the Book Bundle.

I haven't read On the Edge yet, but I'm waiting anxiously for the next Kate book. I'm a big Curran fan  liongrin

Oh, I love the smilies here!  OrDer *giggles*
I'm not really sure what else to talk about... questions, anyone?

mestca

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2009, 10:07:24 pm »
Hi all,

I am 52, have been reading Sci/Fi fantasy since I was 8. My dad had a collection of Sci/Fi (I never saw him read it) and I once I started I haven't been able to stop. I teach high school English in a school for students with learning differences. I have two children, a daughter in high school and a son in college and a wonderful husband. At the moment we have 3 indoor cats, a wire-haired standard dachshund, and a 1 year old rose breasted cockatoo.

I am back to reading as much as I can get my hands on- I like fantasy, Sci/Fi, mysteries, urban fantasy, classics, well practically anything except horror.

I am in San Diego, CA and have been lurking here, on Hurog, and on Karen Marie Moning's forum. We have a great independent bookstore in town that got me started on the Kate books.

katjones93

• Kitten
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »
Hi,
I've been reading these forums for sometime now and thought it was a good time to introduce myself.
I'm 18 and live in merry old England, currently studying Philosophy and Maths at Southampton University.
I am addicted to the Ilona Andrews books and can't wait for the next Kate Daniels Novel!
I love reading any sort of fantasy books and spend too much time reading and not enough time studying....
Thats it for now....
"You should see the other"-guy, no, wait, girl, women "person." Somehow that didn't quite deliver the snappy impact I had originally planned.

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2012, 03:13:43 pm »
Hi Katjones93 - This is the archived section, you will want to copy and paste your greeting to the very top of the forum under the current Introduction Thread. Welcome to the board!
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com

katjones93

• Kitten
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2012, 06:42:06 pm »
Thank you ;D though I'm not completely sure how to do that, but I'm sure i'll work it out!
"You should see the other"-guy, no, wait, girl, women "person." Somehow that didn't quite deliver the snappy impact I had originally planned.