Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 29, 2014, 07:16:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: the INTRODUCTION thread  (Read 18917 times)
lacrima
Beast Lord

IQ may vary

« on: July 20, 2009, 02:15:18 am »

Hi!
I'm female (like ninety percent of this board, I believe), from Zurich, Switzerland, and biology student. Among other quirks, I'm a book addict and share the house with two cats and my family. I read mostly fantasy of every flavor (except for 'bad' Wink), some science fiction, thrillers, and biology books.

Master of Procrastination
"No, I'm ranting for fun, because I'm a disagreeable bitch!"
Inyx
Kitten

"Dread is your desire for what you fear"

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:45:00 am »

Hello ^^

I'm female, 18, from Gloucester, UK have just finished my A levels and hoping to go to uni in september to study biology and psychology. Like most people on here i'm obsessed with books and i love horror/fantasy/sci-fi, i also read some crime and non-fiction books.
 Cheesy

"Looking for something?"  "No i'm dancing the can-can"
Ask a dumb question...

mjt_3
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 06:17:42 am »

Hi everyone, I'm mjt_3. I'm a 32 yr old woman from Australia (yes koalas Wink ) I am in an almost always happy relationship with an almost always great guy! We have been together for around 15 yrs and  we have a 13 yr old daughter who I'm positive lays in bed at night thinking up new ways to drive me insane. I am a big urban fantasy fan. But I will read pretty much anything I can get my greedy paws on!
I  am surrounded by animals(four legged and two!) who are a little eccentric but honestly anything even vaguely normal wouldn't last long in my house!
So thats about it, hope to be chatting to y'all real soon.

* Note to self: work more on sweet and less on psycho-killer*

Has
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 06:42:05 am »

I'd better reintroduce myself as well  Smiley

I am a 31 woman and bookaholic and self confessed geek. I am a huge fan of Urban fantasy/romance/fantasy as well as any good book. I also have a bad rep as a bookpushers as some of my victims would agree with.
I live in London and I am a bona fide cockney since I was born where the Bow Bells rang out (although the real church was destroyed during the Blitz and its not the common held belief of the church in Bow) Grin

Ying
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 07:11:36 am »

My turn  Grin. Hi, I'm Ying. I'm 31 year old bookaholic. I live in Reading UK with my fantastic boyfriend of 8 years. I'm originally from Thailand but moved to the UK 15 years ago. I love urban fantasy, paranormal romance, romance, sceince fiction, any fiction! Not only I'm online too much, I also watch too much telly, my fav programs are Supernatural, House, Fringe, Chuck, Being human, Heroes, CSI, CSI New York, Dr Who,.. (the list is getting a bit long here).  Smiley

pattepoilue
Cub

is currently reading her life away!

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:55:44 am »

Bonjour everyone!!

I'm a 23 years old bookaholic, i'm female (as far as i know) ! I live in France, but i've always wanted to live in the US or England. I've graduated from college a few years ago. But i'm going back to school to get another diploma to find a job.
I love reading (who doesn't here?!), i read a lot of Urban-fantasy paranormal romances, some historical fictions...and more! I also read a lot of Young Adult books because i'm still a bit of  a teenager at heart.
I'm spending most of my summer reading books and reading blogs about books! (it looks like an obsession to me!)
Oh and I talk a LOT... you can ask my pets (cat and dog) they can testify about that!

I don't know what else to say, well HI ! Glad to meet you all =)

3girlmom
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:08 am »

Hi everyone!

I am a stay at home mom of 3 beautiful girls, 2 dogs and a wife of a lovely man. We live in Simi Valley, California.
I love to read just about any thing I can get my hands on! I just recently (I KNOW BAD HUH!!) read the Kate Daniels series. And fell madly in obsession with them! So that's what brought me here. First time ever posting on any forum ever.
That about sums it up on the short end. Wink As I too like to talk and could go on forever!

Oh, 1 more tidbit! I am sooo not computer savvy, so I will apologize now! Give me a baby and I rock! Wink

" It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing really."
Hurog_Kate
Cub

Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 09:02:52 am »

Hey y'all! I know some of you from the Hurog board. *waves madly*

I live in southern Indiana, US. (Six hours south of Chicago and five hours North of Graceland, for those of you from outside the US Wink) I'm a total Urban Paranormal slut and I love, love, love Ilona as well as many others. (And I currently blame Ilona for my latest obsession: the Nalini Singh Psy-Changeling series.) I also write, and am also a smuthound. (Not surprising, given that I posted in the underwear thread before even introducing myself...)

I don't want to write the great American Novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better. (Also, I would actually READ it.)
e_booklover
Cub

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 07:18:03 pm »

Hi,
Like several others I am 31, female, a bookaddict and fellow bookpusher >Grin.  I live in the United States of America and due to my job have managed to live in South Korea as well as several different states.  I enjoy reading just about anything except non-fiction and love talking about books with others who enjoy reading.  I have successfully addicted my entire family to Ilona and Gordon's books and several others.  Glad to see familiar folks from Hurog.

booboomagoogoo
Kitten

the missing link????

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:35 pm »

Hi I'm booboomagoogoo. Female (last I checked anywho). Aged 23. born and raised in south dakota USA, I'll read pert near anything. Going back to college to get another degree (this one in Forensics) I hold a prior degree in Anthropology and CJus. I volunteer at a zoo and am allowed to live im my house with a variety of snakes lizards and dogs, oh and some spiders that I actually want!

hmmm any way  HI!!!!!!!

Last night as I laid in my bed looking up at the stars in the sky I couldn't help but wonder....where is my ceiling?
white_unicorn
Cub

Searching For The Light Switch

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 01:37:12 am »

Okay,  since I am here once more (for the 3rd time) let me introduce my self properly (I am so not sure I did the last 2 times)

So, Kalimera - Good morning - I am Greek, from the Island of Corfu, 27 years old (though the year of birth is 1981) and though I am 'relationship - free' i keep quite good company with all the gorgeus men I read of in my favorite books...

I am a bookaholic and trying to write a decent novel in greek (that of course has it's dose of Vamps, love, hate, mystery and past... not to mention a heroine being raised by a priest in the local orphanage, and then meeting the pale, dangerous, gorgeous (spel?) vampire that owns a rock bar....

but enough with what I am trying to do... I actually like a bit of smutt (so yeah, I am a proud member of the smutthound gang) but lately i find myself wanting less smexy scenes and more story.
(that doesn't mean i don't want a normal dose of intimacy scenes.... just not too much explaining....)

and i guess i am ranting so that's it. i'll close the keyboard now Cheesy

see ya around

"Now who's diving for clams?"
Midangel
Kitten

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 07:53:56 am »

Hola.  Grin

I'm a bookwhore and proud bookpusher. I'm 22 and hail from the United Kingdom. I recognise most people from Hurog, but for the people not in Hurog. Hi! *waves*

bphall76
Cub

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:52 am »

Hi -

I'm from Lacey, Washington USA; about an hour south of Seattle for those not from the Pacific Northwest.  Married, two kids and lots of books.  Wink
Good Mazoku
Free Person of the Code

Bookpusher extraordinaire.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 02:32:15 pm »

Well, hello!!  Cheesy
I'm mazoku, professional ninja cats herder (really, they follow me everywhere, like rats followed the pied piper of Hamelin) and demon extraordinaire, ehr, vet student. I won't disclose my age because it's in the 4-figures range. And demons never reveal their age anyway. Cool

Otaku, book-addict and book-pusher (can't help it), I have the unsettling habit to jump out from behind corners shouting reading-suggestions. I've gotten many a friend addicted to book-crack this way. They love me, they hate me, I can't help it. *whistles innocently*

I drink way too much Coke, eat way too much pizza, spend way too much time reading (as of now, Brunonia Barry's The Lace Reader) and/or on the internet.

Hmmm, I think this more or less sums it all up. Cheesy

Knocking on wood. If I were touching wood, I'd be a lot happier.
white_unicorn
Cub

Searching For The Light Switch

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 02:57:24 am »

Cheesy and the mysterious chronografer (is that even a word?) strikes again....

I was born in 1981 on December... so, to make myself feel better I say 27 years old.... it does confuse many people so you are not stupid Cheese (is that the word you used?)

Glad to see Hurogians arrive here as well.... Maz, at least you have cats... here we need to "pray" our cats will survive the year - after they get pregnant that 1st time.... i still have to see any kittens from the family's cats... Sad

"Now who's diving for clams?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: