Author Topic: The MOVIES thread  (Read 155655 times)

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
Re: The MOVIES thread
« Reply #540 on: February 13, 2011, 09:21:29 pm »
My hubby rented RED yesterday, and we watched it last night. I haven't enjoyed a movie more in a long, LONG time. I loved it.

Thanks dingo baby for the movie recommendation. I have been thinking about Red for a while, but now I am definitely going to rent it or "movie on demand" it now!

Is this the one by Bruce Willis? I wanted to watch it in the cinema but missed it!
Guess I'll rent the DVD too! Thanks!
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

dingo baby

• Beast Lord
« Reply #541 on: February 13, 2011, 10:37:11 pm »
My hubby rented RED yesterday, and we watched it last night. I haven't enjoyed a movie more in a long, LONG time. I loved it.

Thanks dingo baby for the movie recommendation. I have been thinking about Red for a while, but now I am definitely going to rent it or "movie on demand" it now!

Is this the one by Bruce Willis? I wanted to watch it in the cinema but missed it!
Guess I'll rent the DVD too! Thanks!

I hope you like it. If you have seen and liked Bandits than I think you will also like RED
"What kind of shapeshifter has orange fur anyway?"
"Weredingo."
Now I'd seen everything. Well, at least he didn't steal my baby.

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #542 on: February 14, 2011, 10:34:29 am »
Just got back from the movies..
Loved "Just Go With It" starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston.

Love love it... been a while since I enjoyed Adam's movie.. thought this is really good.

Jennifer Aniston... don't really like her.. but in this movie.. she is amazing!

SylviaSybil

• Beast Lord
  • Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.
    • What If Books Etc.
« Reply #543 on: February 14, 2011, 07:40:10 pm »
I saw Red.  It was okay but I didn't really find parts of it realistic...like the retiree and the gorgeous twenty-something girlfriend.  Yeah right!
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words may break my heart.

oreoparris

• Alpha
« Reply #544 on: February 15, 2011, 06:56:00 pm »
I saw Red.  It was okay but I didn't really find parts of it realistic...like the retiree and the gorgeous twenty-something girlfriend.  Yeah right!

I actually really liked RED.  You have to suspend reality with that type of movie, but I am a big fan of Bruce Willis and I thought the movie was funnier than I was expecting.  Plus I was in the mood for a movie with lots of guns, shooting, and explosions so it fit the bill.

For Valentine's Day, my friends and I rented Letters to Julliet.  It jhad a little cheese factor going, but was pretty good.  Not as good as Under the Tuscan Sun, which is one of my all time fav movies.  I have been to Tuscany and the Amalfi coastline, so I love seeing places in movies that I have actually been to.  Its such a kick.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:22:25 pm by oreoparris »

dingo baby

• Beast Lord
« Reply #545 on: February 15, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »
I saw Red.  It was okay but I didn't really find parts of it realistic...like the retiree and the gorgeous twenty-something girlfriend.  Yeah right!

I actually really liked RED.  You have to suspend reality with that type of movie, but I am a big fan of Bruce Willis and I thought the movie was funnier than I was expecting.  Plus I was in the mood for a movie with lots of guns, shooting, and explosions so it fit the bill.

Ah, I'm sorry Sylvia. But you are right--many parts are unrealistic.....like Bruce Willis walking out of a moving vehicle......but that's what I found fun.

As for the "gorgeous twenty-something girlfriend" I totally didn't see her as twenty-something. I mean, Mary-Louise Parker is 47. I remember thinking "Wow, it's nice that they don't try to pair him up with some bimbo straight out of High School or College."
"Weredingo."

Yala

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #546 on: February 16, 2011, 03:02:57 am »
Just noticed that Hoodwinked too is going to be out soonish! :D

Argantel

• Beast Lord
« Reply #547 on: February 16, 2011, 05:28:23 am »
I found the trailer for Hoodwinked too, but i also found the one for Gnomeo and Juliet. Now I'm laughing tears.  RoFl RoFl It's Romeo and Juliet in... garden gnomes. RoFl

SylviaSybil

• Beast Lord
  • Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed.
    • What If Books Etc.
« Reply #548 on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »
About RED, realistic isn't really the word I want (like Bruce stepping out of the car? <32 it!), but more like...respectful?  That's not right either.  Like, if you tell me your heroine can jump twenty feet high and shoot the bullseye every time, I'll suspend my disbelief for that.  If you tell me that your heroine kicks ass in high heels and pearls and never so much as chips her perfectly manicured nails, I'll call BS.  Real women can't do that.  I mean, they can't do either, but one seems plausible so it bugs me when movies present it as possible.  I guess?  I can't explain myself.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words may break my heart.

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #549 on: March 19, 2011, 11:16:25 am »
Recently watched the DVD of "The girl with the dragon tattoo", "The girl who played with fire" and "The girl who kicked the hornet's nest".

I liked it though the ending is a "huh?" Moment for me.. I might pick up the books to read too.

Viki

• Cub
« Reply #550 on: March 21, 2011, 04:52:41 am »
watched The King's Speech.
I love this movie! Not only it was fun to see how the doctor trained the king, but also touched by the friendship between them. :)

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #551 on: March 21, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »
I love RED!

dingo baby

• Beast Lord
« Reply #552 on: March 22, 2011, 12:47:06 am »
I love this movie! Not only it was fun to see how the doctor trained the king, but also touched by the friendship between them. :)

I wanna see The King's Speech just to see Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy on screen together again. *grin*
Ok, so that's not the ONLY reason, but I have to admit that once I heard both were in this film my interest deepened.
"Weredingo."

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #553 on: March 22, 2011, 04:32:32 am »

I wanna see The King's Speech just to see Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy on screen together again. *grin*
Ok, so that's not the ONLY reason, but I have to admit that once I heard both were in this film my interest deepened.

Seriously Jennifer Ehle is in the Kings Speech?! I've preordered it as I never got to watch it at the cinema so I'm going to have to look out for her
“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.

fanneyjack

• Kitten
« Reply #554 on: May 13, 2014, 02:36:45 pm »
My favourite movie is titanic because its a real story ,the architecture of the ship is so good,its ever green movie ,we can feel their pain ,we can see how the people lost their relations in ship accident and the love story is beautiful..