Author Topic: HUNTER,Faith  (Read 50410 times)

kikucat

• Alpha
HUNTER,Faith
« on: December 03, 2009, 07:26:59 am »
Faith has put up the first chapter of her second Jane Yellowrock book Bloodcross *due 1-2010* . WooHoo, I can hardly wait jumP
http://www.faithhunter.net/bloodcross-excerpt.html

Akinna

• Cub
Re: HUNTER,Faith
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:27:22 am »
Oh!  thankU for sharing kikucat! 
January 5th..not so long to go!!
 jumP
“Vampires. Always thinking with your teeth.”

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:04:51 am »
YAY! I am so excited! I love Jane. Oh my 2010 shopping list is starting to get REALLY long...  :D
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com

kikucat

• Alpha
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 10:11:30 am »
I've never read any of her other books so discovering Skinwalker was a real treat. Dunno if I'll ever read her other series...I don't want to confuse myself,expecting one thing & getting another ;D

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 10:30:59 am »
I've never read any of her other books so discovering Skinwalker was a real treat. Dunno if I'll ever read her other series...I don't want to confuse myself,expecting one thing & getting another ;D

I've never read anything else by her either. I found her on Amazon (where I find most authors), scrolling through the suggested books.  ;D  I was a Leo fan at first, but with his crazy attitude... I hope he snaps outta it.
www.thebookpushers.com

kikucat

• Alpha
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:54:32 pm »
Have you read any of her snippets, MinnChica? It kind of sounds like Jane might get something going with whatisname...the vampires assistant...Bruiser ;D There weren't any snippets with Leo in them that I recall...

Akinna

• Cub
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:16:14 am »
I was hoping for Leo too, maybe he gets his shit together and we'll get lucky  ;D but It does seem like the author is going with Bruiser, unfortunately. Bruiser didn't do it for me at all, maybe that will change with book 2 though..
“Vampires. Always thinking with your teeth.”

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 02:51:16 pm »
No, I haven't read any of the snippets. Bruiser didn't make a huge impression on me, I'm gonna have to go back and re-read it.
www.thebookpushers.com

Readsalot81

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:00:49 pm »
My list for 2010 is getting crowded, I forgot about Bloodcross.  But I can't wait. I LOVED skinwalker.

And I do have bloodring on hand. (the first in the rogue mage series) Should anyone want to borrow it, I'll be more than happy to send it out...

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 08:49:57 am »
I love Skinwalker too! I'm rooting for Bruiser.. though I think Leo might get more attention from Jane..

Readsalot81 >> Will you ship to Singapore? hehehehehe.. just kidding! Is the series any good?
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:54 am »
And I do have bloodring on hand. (the first in the rogue mage series) Should anyone want to borrow it, I'll be more than happy to send it out...

Reads, is it really good? I wouldn't mind reading it, if you think it is a good read. But I can get it at my local library so you don't have to waiste on postage...  :)
www.thebookpushers.com

Readsalot81

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 01:23:36 pm »
lol.. if you can't get it in Singapore mrsj, I would be willing.  I wouldn't have said I'd send it otherwise. :)

It's ... good.  It's just different from Skinwalker.  The world building is pretty heavy, but I like her characters.  On the whole, I think I like skinwalker better, but that's just because I like reading about vampires, shapeshifters and etc.

Bloodring is about mages and the like.

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 08:53:50 am »
ooooooh.. mages!! I like.. hehehehe

Will check out our local library, if not, I'll just buy them since having storewide discount at the bookstore now.. hehehehehe
I need to live in the bookstore seriously..  ;D

Thanks readsalot81!  ;)
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 11:42:52 am »
It is taking me FOREVER to get through Bloodring. I don't know why, because I usually love the mage/witches stuff. Everytime I sit down to read more, my eyes get all heavy and droppy and I fall asleep reading.  :(  That NEVER happens to me...  ???
www.thebookpushers.com

Readsalot81

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 02:39:02 pm »
Yeah.. well sometimes there's such a thing as too much detail. lol..  It was hard for me to plow through as well.. but I did like it, but not as much as Skinwalker.  Considering that bloodring.. (I believe ) is her first book... and skinwalker her 4th.. well..    I think she's one of those writers whose books improve as they go on. *shrug* Just my two cents.