Author Topic: HARRISON, Kim  (Read 52438 times)

Rymunin

• Cub
Re: HARRISON, Kim
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2012, 07:11:48 pm »
 jumP  jumP OMGOMG awsomesauce is the word for the new book.... Roll on the next one please  jumP jumP jumP jumP jumP

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2012, 12:35:18 am »
BTW, on her blog she announced that The Hollows has been optioned as a tv series on CW.  Not sure if they've gotten to stage of having a pilot or anything.

This doesn't shock me.  "Once Upon a Time" and "Grimm" are both being well received.  Other networks are going to be looking for something to snag a piece of the viewership pie.  My fear is that they'll change the characters so much that the general overall feel of the series will be lost.  If they ditch the pixies, I'll cry.  I'm not worried that they'll drop Al or Kalamak.  You don't give up a chance to cast a couple of potential bad-boy heartthrobs.  That would be the same as throwing away nearly half of your potential female audience.

Now if only someone would remember that Lionsgate still holds the rights to the Dresden Files for another couple of years and try that again - perhaps on a network with a bigger budget and less wrestling this time?  And keep it closer to the books - giant foo dogs and zombie dinos would be a hit.

If Fox decides to give up on Terra Nova, they should consider the Kate Daniels books.  They could call the show "Post Shift".  The KD version of vamps would be a refreshing change of pace and the shifters are more interesting than the Teen Wolf version.  The dirty, post-apoctalyptic feel would be interesting.  On second thought - maybe AMC would be a better choice.  They did a good job with "Walking Dead".
Lionsgate gave up the rights to Dresdan {they only had the rights to the first 3 or 4 books anyway} early. Jim officially got them back last year. He tweeted about it and mentioned it on the book tour.
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

kikucat

• Alpha
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:40 pm »
I liked A Perfect Blood well enough. It looks like Rachel is finally growing up * a little* & only towards the very end of the book :#) I loved when she
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I wish Rachel & Trent would just get together Already. I assume that is what is supposed to happen...

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2012, 09:22:25 pm »
I liked A Perfect Blood well enough. It looks like Rachel is finally growing up * a little* & only towards the very end of the book :#) I loved when she
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I wish Rachel & Trent would just get together Already. I assume that is what is supposed to happen...
ITA, it's clear the direction this series is going. Just get there already!

Chelle

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2012, 10:33:27 pm »

Lionsgate gave up the rights to Dresdan {they only had the rights to the first 3 or 4 books anyway} early. Jim officially got them back last year. He tweeted about it and mentioned it on the book tour.

WooHoo!  Let's hope if someone wants to buy the rights again that they'll do a better job of it.
(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2012, 12:09:32 am »

WooHoo!  Let's hope if someone wants to buy the rights again that they'll do a better job of it.

I wonder if there will be an issue about the Nick Cage film that so ripped off Dresdan, The Sorcerer's Apprentice that sort of failed. As Cage was producer on the TV version of the Dresdan Files it's not like he didn't know he was copying Dresdan in many ways.

Feral Speculation

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »
The ARCs for Undead Pool are out. I don't have one, but the few hints that leaked out to the interwebs indicate some *squee* worthy moments for Trent fans. If anyone here has a connection to someone with an ARC, please spill. :)