Author Topic: HARRISON, Kim  (Read 56260 times)

pattepoilue

• Cub
  • is currently reading her life away!
    • One Book Away From Heaven
Re: HARRISON,Kim
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2009, 01:20:59 pm »
Out the 23 of February!!!  Very cool!!

Ohh now the eyes are glowing! very cool it wasn't that way on the cover i saw before...well i think...  :#) liongrin
I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit for this book i just love this series. I'm still trying to convince my friends to read it but so far i'm not very successful!  weightS weightS

3girlmom

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 01:23:28 pm »
They so don't know what they are missing!!! Sometimes friends can be a bit finicky!!! Keep trying pattepoilue!!! weightS You can do it!!! ;D
" It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing really."

pattepoilue

• Cub
  • is currently reading her life away!
    • One Book Away From Heaven
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 05:27:31 pm »
They so don't know what they are missing!!! Sometimes friends can be a bit finicky!!! Keep trying pattepoilue!!! weightS You can do it!!! ;D
;) nothing can stop me now! i'll get them to read this series...they have no excuses now the books are out in French too lol  liongrin

I hope Ms Harrison will write another short story with Jenks as narrator i loved the short story from Unbound. ;D

tish

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 09:56:22 pm »
I was at WalMart last night and saw WWBC in paperback.  There's an excerpt of Black Magic Santion in the end.  Hubby wouldn't let me read it, and I didn't want to spend $5.97 on a book I already own for 10+ pages of the new one....I'll read it at Hastings this weekend (searched for it on her site and didn't find it).  It starts out in Al's kitchen.  So finally we're getting more of Rachel the "student"

dingo baby

• Beast Lord
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:42 pm »
So, I haven't jumped on the "Kim Harrison" bandwagon quite yet.  I've read some of her YA books under her pen name "Dawn Cook." Some I liked, others were very juvenile.  I have a question about the Hallows series.  Does the main character get raped?  Honestly, I'm getting tired of reading about rape victims in UF books, so I don't really want to invest my time and heart into a new series where the heroine gets brutalized like that.  I know some people will consider your answer to this a spoiler, so feel free to hide it if you can answer my question. 

I've been interested in this series, but have been holding back because of this issue.  I'm twiddling my thumbs for the next Mercy Book and the next Kate Book, so I need another obsession, book to read.

Thanks everyone!
"What kind of shapeshifter has orange fur anyway?"
"Weredingo."
Now I'd seen everything. Well, at least he didn't steal my baby.

3girlmom

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 11:20:46 am »
Go for it dingo baby, obsess read away! ;) I think you might enjoy it.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
" It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing really."

dingo baby

• Beast Lord
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2009, 11:41:33 am »
Thank you 3girlmom!

I think I'll be adding this series to my Christmas List.
"What kind of shapeshifter has orange fur anyway?"
"Weredingo."
Now I'd seen everything. Well, at least he didn't steal my baby.

3girlmom

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2009, 11:58:23 am »
Most welcome!! :)

sweetp

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 09:50:44 pm »
I just started reading Dead Witch Walking.  Tell me I am going to like it cause the first couple of chapters are boring. Does it get better?

3girlmom

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »
YES!!! bOOk

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
  • Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »
Boring??   :o

Well we all have different boats that float - lol.  ;)

sweetp

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 10:18:34 pm »
Ok Ok Ok lol I guess that means it gets better.  I shall continue reading lol  thankU

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »
Well if you don't fall into The Hollows world after 3 or 4 chapters, you might not.  They are not romances or easy books, instead have lots of attitude and a protagonist that is sometimes frustrating for her attitude and often poor decisions based on defensive reactions rather than forethought.  She does grow a little more as the books progress, though. 

Relax and give them a chance, they are unique in their way and fun.    paW

sweetp

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 10:47:10 pm »
It also could have to do with my family yelling because Texas is losing in the football game and I am not feeling well with a cold...
Maybe I need to start over tomorrow when everyone leaves and it's quiet in the house.  Also I just finished reading Bones and I love Bones lol.

BlueMtn

• Beast Lord
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 11:39:12 pm »
Yes, this is definitely a different type of book than Bones.  I find mood or current life channel rating  does effect how I react to the book I'm reading or listening too.  paW