Author Topic: Magic Bites Discussion  (Read 65049 times)

lia

• Cub
Re: Magic Bites Discussion
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2013, 05:46:50 pm »
It's been a while since I read this one, but I thought it was a control thing.  Curran was pushing Derek to hold out for food longer and to follow rules/customs (of not eating before the Beast Lord) thereby increasing Derek's control over himself/wolf.

Feral Speculation

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2013, 12:17:22 pm »
ITA. I thought that part worked on multiple levels. It helps Derek's control, as you said. It shows that Curran feeds Derek, and makes him almost like a son. It shows the rules of pack order are in place. Finally it shows how little Kate understands the pack at that point, and although Curran loan Derek to Kate, it shows Curran is still his alpha no matter what Kate says. 

Ilala211

• Kitten
« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2015, 10:04:12 am »
The relationship between Curran & Kate is one of the best I have ever read. Extremely cute yet full of heart <3

sarafina

• Kitten
« Reply #243 on: February 27, 2016, 12:18:03 pm »
Curran was truly annoying in this book.

addicted

• Lyc-V Infected
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2017, 06:12:38 pm »
Hi everyone First off I must say this is one of my favorite series. I've reread this series at least three times now.
I've notice in Magic Bites Curran was the one who accuses the Doctor Kate was dating on being the killer...however when the inquisition of the doctor was completed. Curran blamed kate for wasting their time going after the doctor in the first place. Now what I could not understand was why Kate didn't defend herself.  Not even a thought in her head stating she wasn't the one who accuse the doctor I thought it might be an error in the story tell by...did anyone else notice that? lol It was so vexing

myfascinatingbooks

• Kitten
« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2017, 05:15:14 am »
Curran was truly annoying in this book.

I couldn't agree more!

Hi everyone First off I must say this is one of my favorite series. I've reread this series at least three times now.
I've notice in Magic Bites Curran was the one who accuses the Doctor Kate was dating on being the killer...however when the inquisition of the doctor was completed. Curran blamed kate for wasting their time going after the doctor in the first place. Now what I could not understand was why Kate didn't defend herself.  Not even a thought in her head stating she wasn't the one who accuse the doctor I thought it might be an error in the story tell by...did anyone else notice that? lol It was so vexing

Yeah. We noticed... but I don't know any explanation for that.
I think Kate tends to take on more responsibility than she should. Curran? I don't know why he blamed her.