Author Topic: BENNETT, Jenn  (Read 14239 times)

CheeseBK

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
  • rabid reader
    • my livejournal
BENNETT, Jenn
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:09:14 am »
Hi folks,

since I actually had time to read a bit these past few weeks (stunning, right?) and I had to transfer to kobo, because sony e bookstore closed (grumble) I discovered some new reads. Or rather, new for me.... The site is just working different and then this series (about Arcadia Bell) from Jenn Bennett popped up and I decided to try it.

I really like it! The world-building is good, maybe not totally different from things I've seen before, but unique enough to separate it from others. And I really, really like the characters. There is irony and romance and a hilarious kid!

Books in the series so far:
1 - Kindling the Moon
2 - Summoning the Night
2.5 - Leashing the Tempest (novella)
3 - Binding the Shadows

Next book is out end of May!

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
Re: BENNETT, Jenn
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »
I love her. Jupe is a superb character. I think she's just started a new series also. I'll have to go look up the name.
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

CheeseBK

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
  • rabid reader
    • my livejournal
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:54:17 am »
I love her. Jupe is a superb character. I think she's just started a new series also. I'll have to go look up the name.

the series is called 'the roaring twenties series'
and the first book is called Bitter Spirits. I already read it and quite liked it!
next one in this series should be out early June this year and is called Grim Shadows
it's featuring the brother of one of the main characters of Bitter Spirits.

Vinity

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:16:46 pm »
 thankU, I bought the first one. I just haven't had time to read it. I saw her mention it was going to come out as audio.
Beyond this point, there be Dragons.

Cerulean

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 10:38:40 pm »
I've really liked her books, especially the cliffhanger of the last one! I have Bitter Spirits on my Nook as my next read. I'm glad it looks good.
"Books are the carriers of civilization . . . They are companions, teachers, magicians, bankers of the treasures of the mind. Books are humanity in print." Barbara W. Tuchman (1912-1989)