Author Topic: COLE, Kresley  (Read 40898 times)

nanners

• Beta
Re: COLE, Kresley
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 12:27:01 am »
Hello!  New here.  Like Minn said the cool thing about her series is that each book is different.  My favorite is Bowen & Mariketa.  I liked Sabine while many couldn't stand her. Every one has their favorites.  It depends on what a hero/heroine is to you.  KC may not even be for you.  I hit Amazon, read reviews, then try the author at the library.  There are popular authors that haven't worked for me but work for others.  Anyway, I just thought I'd put my two cents in. 

bOOk

alias

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 07:41:34 am »
I just finished Carrow and Malkom...I liked it a lot - I think though that this series is really starting to melt into Lara Adrians and Gene Showalters since they are all taking so long! hee

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 10:21:59 pm »
Carrow and Malkolm were good!  Next up is Regin & Declan aka "Aiden the Berserker."  I'm not sure who the third is in this trilogy.  Maybe Lothaire?  On her forum some hope it's Lanthe and Thronos buuuuuuut KC has said she was writing a novella for that couple.  Unless she changed her mind, which I can deal with since I've been hooked on Lanthe since Sabine's story. 

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:47 pm »
My favorite is Bowen & Mariketa.   bOOk

*sigh* They were my fav until Malkom and Carrow came along. But oh man... Bowen has got to be my favorite werewolf of all time. *sigh* He is so sexy!
The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 09:07:11 pm »
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night is my absolute favorite!  Glad to have found a fellow Bowen fan.  Mariketa was spunky and had some good comebacks.  Another fave is A Hunger Like No Other, which seems to receive mixed responses.  

Kresley Cole was the first paranormal author I read.  I've tried many others and have come to love Nalini Singh, J.R. Ward, Jeaniene Frost, Patricia Briggs (Fantasy), and some more erotic authors like Lora Leigh, Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken and then some.  I've been branching out to urban fantasy and am always on the lookout for book recommendations.   ;)

Kaelyn

• Alpha
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:04 pm »
I just finished Carrow and Malkom...I liked it a lot - I think though that this series is really starting to melt into Lara Adrians and Gene Showalters since they are all taking so long! hee

I agree, I really liked those two.  :) I also agree that it is getting a little drawn out but I still love Kresley!

Kresley Cole was the first paranormal author I read.  I've tried many others and have come to love Nalini Singh, J.R. Ward, Jeaniene Frost, Patricia Briggs (Fantasy), and some more erotic authors like Lora Leigh, Shelly Laurenston/G.A. Aiken and then some.  I've been branching out to urban fantasy and am always on the lookout for book recommendations.   ;)

I don't want to get too off-topic ( don't hit me mods!), but I always recommend Karen Chance to everyone I can. She ranks up there with Ilona and Gordon. I love her books and her characters. You should check her out if you get a chance, there is a topic for her under the other authors.  ;)
"Rocks fall...Everyone dies."

"No, Bad Hobo"

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 07:16:20 pm »
Thanks Kaelyn!  Will do  ;)

Kirsten

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »
I just finished reading Demon From the Dark today so I'm all up to speed on the IAD series.  Malkom's backstory was so sad. *sniffle*.  I'm glad the way things turned out for him and Carrow.  Next up... Regin and her berserker... wheee!  Feb. 15th seems so far away.  I can't wait for the book about Melanthe/Thronos and then also Lothaire (Mr. Eerily Sinister Hotness).  noDDing

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 10:03:43 pm »
I loved Malkom... He and Bowen are my favorites!!!

I think Regin's book is going to so totally rock!! Has everyone read the excerpt that is up at Kresley Cole's website?!?!? FABULOUS!
www.thebookpushers.com

Kirsten

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 09:37:01 pm »

I think Regin's book is going to so totally rock!! Has everyone read the excerpt that is up at Kresley Cole's website?!?!? FABULOUS!

I  <32 Malkom.  He's like a big sexy teddybear.  Looks like a monster, and his actions don't always come off the way he intended, but he has a good heart.

For anyone who is interested, here is the link for the excerpt from Dreams of a Dark Warrior:
http://kresleycole.com/books/dreams-of-a-dark-warrior-excerpt.html

Regin and Declan are also briefly featured in Demon from the Dark.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:44:41 pm by Kirsten »

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 11:30:24 pm »

Wasn't really too interested Regin's story due to too much Lanthe & Thronos on the brain BUT after having reading the excerpt  jumP   . Yah, I'm excited. 

I'm also looking forward to Lykae twin's story.  Uilleam, I think.  Lothaire's story aught to be interesting too.

Kirsten

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 08:32:28 pm »

Wasn't really too interested Regin's story due to too much Lanthe & Thronos on the brain BUT after having reading the excerpt  jumP   . Yah, I'm excited. 

I'm also looking forward to Lykae twin's story.  Uilleam, I think.  Lothaire's story aught to be interesting too.

I hope Lanthe and Thronos will be next after Regin.

Anyone else think Lothaire and Nix would make a fun couple?  They're both kookie in their own way and Nucking Futs Nix would drive him crazy.  :D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

MinnChica

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
    • The Book Pushers
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 12:32:07 am »
I found on Kresley's forum that she confirmed Lothaire's book will be published in January of 2012. She also confirmed there may be a possibility for one more book between Dreams of a Dark Warrior and Lothair, but we wont know for sure.

Krelsey also announced on Facebook that she is working on a new paranormal YA series.
www.thebookpushers.com

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2011, 10:00:43 pm »
Thanks for the info MinnChica. 

And Kirsten,  I think Lothaire and Nix would make a very interesting couple.  I asked on KC's forum about it but one poster stated that KC has stated Nix's story would be toward the end of the series.  You never know, things can change. 

About Lothaire, I keep thinking he could have the gift of foresight similar to Nix but without the chaotic thinking.  [He just seems to know things, ask specific favors, and be at the right place and the right time.  Or maybe it's just some master plan and he has insight into something the immortals are unaware of. 

Nurslings

• Beta
  • Patience is not one of my reading virtues
    • Badass Book Reviews
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 10:53:21 am »
somehow I can picture Nix being all "I can't be mated to you! You have no horns! Horns are sexy, me likes to rub the demon horns, but you have fangs. Do you like your fangs rubbed?  Is it a turn on. I guess fangs could be sexy, why didn't I see this coming?  Coming. Hmmmmm I want too.  But I need horns.  Or I guess fangs.  Huh.  Fangs?  really?  Ok I guess, can I touch them?  try them out first before I decide whether fates a bitch and find me a nice studded demon?"

Of course it would hinder on her and Lothaire  RoFl
Erika
Addicted to Roarke, Curran, Bones, Barrons and Adam.
Momma to L (7) S (5) C (3) and O (6-12-10)
I blog about books at:  http://badassbookreviews.com/