Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 19, 2014, 12:17:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KNIGHT, E. E.  (Read 714 times)
BlueMtn
Beast Lord

Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.

« on: March 07, 2010, 08:41:40 am »

I have started the dragon series by E. E. Knight.  These are epic fantasy stories from a dragon's perspective.  They have some gruesome aspects, and not always happy, but the world building and perspective is different and interesting.  They are supposed to be YA, but they are complex and gritty.

Age of Fire Series:
Dragon Champion, Bk 1
Dragon Avenger, Bk 2
Dragon Outcast, Bk 3
Dragon Strike, Bk 4
Dragon Rule, Bk 5

Has anyone tried these or any other of this author's work?   

Vic
Beta

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:07:33 pm »

I haven't read them yet but I've been eying them.  Thanks for the heads-up.  Let me know what you think as you traverse the series!
BlueMtn
Beast Lord

Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:40:18 pm »

I think they are enjoyable, if you don't expect them to be happy ever after.  The author puts the reader into the perspective of a young dragon, that has different necessities, and different ideas of what is fair, what is law and what is moral.  That is the part that is interesting, because it pushes boundaries of what we deem a "good book" should end as.  No love story, no everything ends right, I only just finished book 2, so things are still evolving and ground work is being laid.   I plan on going onward.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: