Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 16, 2014, 10:28:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The mated pair: Kate and Curran  (Read 13356 times)
Chelle
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 03:19:45 pm »

Had a scary thought:: Kate and Curran as parents. Even if you take them out of the equation that's one scary powerful kid.

Scarier thought: Kate and Curran's daughter on her first date. I almost feel sorry for any potential boyfriend.

I would feel sorrier for any bothers the girl might have.  She'd make their lives miserable.

(found on the central message board on Mount Olympus) My fellow gods and goddesses - While we are all eager to return to Earth now that magic has returned, after observing the fate of those pantheons who have journeyed there since The Shift, I have decided that we will not be setting foot in the City of Atlanta or the State of Georgia in the country known as the USA at all.  Such action is not conducive to our continued health or longevity. - Zeus
Fidelia
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 04:51:34 pm »

That's awesome.  Nurslings is psychic!

Quick, Nurslings! Channel with all your might, and tell us what happens in the next book! We mustn't let this opportunity go to waste!

Grin

"The acorn ... It's coming."
wont
Beta

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »

Very nice Nurselings. However, in my imagination there are two differences:

1. When Jim woke up he wasn't on the couch, nor did Kate lock her door.
2. I don't believe Jim would have run away.  Evil

I can see it now: (below IMHO is after Jim and Dali are mated/married and so are Kate and Curran..) This is male bonding  RoFl

Doolittle Advocate
Libby13
Beast Lord

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 01:50:47 am »

RoFl Nurslings that was great! 

“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.
Ying
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 02:46:35 am »

That's awesome.  Nurslings is psychic!

Quick, Nurslings! Channel with all your might, and tell us what happens in the next book! We mustn't let this opportunity go to waste!

Grin

RoFl Nice one Nurslings!

dsolo
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2012, 03:27:43 pm »

This forum is fascinating and frustrating at the same time, because all the topics that I keep finding that I want to weigh in on, and they're all a year or more old.  Well, I'm not letting that stop me.  I'm sure there are some other newbies out there.

This was an interesting topic, because in the first book we had the red herring of Max Crest.  At first, he seems so nice and accepting, then he doesn't really notice Kate's pain on their date.  At the end, when Curran and Derek were fixing her roof, I figured that Curran was interested in her.  He's the Beast Lord.  If he was fixing it because he felt like he owed her something as a Friend of the Pack, he would have sent some people.  The CEO doesn't go out and do the work.  Curran had gone through a "parade" of women, because he had special needs in a mate.  She had to be strong enough to take on 1500 shapeshifters.  In the past, I bet he was just going for looks, and not character (hence the revolving door).  Kate didn't fall all over herself trying to impress him, and when he met her, she was sort of involved with someone else, and didn't give him a second thought.  Their relationship started out butting heads, because they are both powerful, and don't usually run into someone that they can't overcome.  Curran didn't have to hide his power like Kate did.  Derek was right when he told her Max was too weak for her (look who he ended up with).  By Magic Burns, they had developed a mutual respect, and had started to realize that they had similar values.  Curran was secretive about his interest, because he sensed how skittish Kate is about relationships.  He was a lion stalking his prey with patience and observation.  One of the reasons that I love this series. 
glenflet
Kitten

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 05:50:38 pm »

I'd say that he had decided she was his mate at a subconscious level during magic burns, however he doesn't become consciously aware of this fact until Magic Slays. This explains how he was acting toward her in magic burns, it was more instinctual, rather then conscious, however by the time there in the pit in magic slays he actually understand hes decided he want her as his mate, then by the time he glues her to her chair hes decide she is his mate even if she doesn't think so.

As for them have a daughter, I don't see we they would chase of potential boyfriends, they seam more sensible them most parents these day and I think I would understand she would need to have boyfriends, however if they hurt her, then they would wish they had never heard of her.

I also don't think she would be any more powerful them them, just different, some form of cross of their two powers, however it a fight once she had learn to control it all it would be a major tactical advantage, think shape shifter in warrior form with blood armor

There is no such thing as impossible, and I can prove it.
Nothing can be truly random, it's either science we don't yet understand, or the Greeks were right and the God's control fate, the alternative is pure chaos and we would not exist.
kstrick
Kitten

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2012, 07:46:21 pm »

Again, I have the oddball theory that Curran first realized Kate was his mate (not sure if it would be consciously or not) was in one of my favorite scenes from Magic Burns. When Kate brings up the wedding again and Curran asks her why it was so important to her-

(click to show/hide)

I think when Curran heard her say that he saw a mirror of himself and his future, because despite what Kate thought about the Pack, Curran pointed out in Magic Slays that they would forget about him as soon as he was no longer strong enough to lead them.

I also love that shortly after this scene, Kate not only has a family but she also has a pet, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: