Author Topic: MCGUIRE, Seanan  (Read 38946 times)

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
Re: MCGUIRE, Seanan
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 09:34:28 am »
UF is pretty much toned down horror for the most part, that is part of the genre.    Hello Kate and her sword - LOL!

I liked book 2 better because the characterization development seemed more driven,  Toby wasn't as emo as the first book - and there was just a lot more dry humor inserted here and there, so it worked better for me.  I got a little frustrated as they were in the same place spinning their wheels for too long it seemed, but overall I just liked the flow.   paW

AGREED!

More Tybalt?? MEOW!!!!  :D
I'm a tiger.. hear me ROAR!

lacrima

• Beast Lord
  • IQ may vary
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:54:16 am »
I forgot to add that I am really looking forward to book 3 because I read somewhere (maybe in her LJ?) that there is supposed to be more Tybalt than in book 2.  <32
I´ve read that too, somewhere.

Blue, what I meant, was the "group of ten people, closed in somewhere, insane murderer killing them off one after another" type of plot that annoys me a bit. When you know every time the light goes out, someone will die ("OMG, it could be you! Run!"-straight into the killers arms). It´s just a kind of a very morbid lottery.
I don´t mind the kind of horror that´s in the Kate books. It makes more sense to me, somehow. *shrug*
Master of Procrastination
"No, I'm ranting for fun, because I'm a disagreeable bitch!"

Vic

• Beta
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:25 am »
Reminded me more of 10 Little Indians (agatha christie) than say of something like Saw.  But I can see your point.  I really enjoy who-dun-it mysteries.  ;D

Good Mazoku

• Free Person of the Code
  • Bookpusher extraordinaire.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 05:27:13 pm »
I really enjoy this series (Hmmmm...Tybalt! <32), I'm really looking forward to An Artificial Night. This said, I find myself in the first-book-flowed-better club. :D I liked the second one too, but yeah, the lights-out-corpse-in thing grated a bit on my nerves too, especially since most of the time people just decided that following Toby's leads was too difficult and going around alone was sooooo much smarter. :#) For that alone, I thought of all the deaths as natural selection. eviL
Knocking on wood. If I were touching wood, I'd be a lot happier.

Hurog_Kate

• Cub
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 12:38:11 pm »
LOL Maz. I can't wait for Book 3. And I have to add (quoted from Hurog): Mmmm.... Tybalt.  DrOOl

I keep seeing absolutely glowing reviews for Feed, which is the book she wrote as Mira Grant. But I've never been really into zombie stories. I do need to pick it up, though.

... but I'd be happier if it were september and I could just get more Toby and Tybalt. :P

I don't want to write the great American Novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better. (Also, I would actually READ it.)

Good Mazoku

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 05:19:10 pm »
;D

I ordered Feed in my latest booksplurge but, apparently, bookdepository decided that sending me my books all in one package was too easy and I'm getting them one at a time...and I ordered 7 books. *headdesk* At least I got #4 and #5 in another series (I already read the first 3 instalments), so I could read them, otherwise I'd have been majorly pissed. eviL

Anyway, I read great reviews about it myself. I'll let you know how I like it, since our taste most often are the same. :D ;)

CandaceB

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 07:42:27 pm »
She is having a second contest to give away an ARC for An Artifical Night on her LiveJournal (http://seanan-mcguire.livejournal.com/).  She is picking a winner on Tuesday, June 29th.

She posted it today.  See the post for details.

Good Mazoku

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »
Too bad I have no LJ account. :#) Good luck to all those entering the contest! :)

Vic

• Beta
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 03:06:53 pm »
First review I've seen for book 3 in series.  Sounds good and I'm looking forward to it.

Foxen

• Alpha
  • Highly Caffeinated
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 09:45:16 pm »
Thank you, Vic! I'm excited as well.

Hopefully
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 11:02:34 pm »
Thank you, Vic! I'm excited as well.

Hopefully
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ditto!!!!

CandaceB

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56:23 pm »
I am so excited!!
 jumP

I just found out that Seanan McGuire is doing a reading and signing for An Artifical Night in San Francisco on Sept. 18th!!!

ParTy

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 09:41:50 am »
you going?

CandaceB

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 11:26:38 pm »
Yes! I already have it on my calendar.  ;)

mrsj

• Beast Lord
  • Fulltime dreamer..
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2010, 05:04:26 am »
Oh i'm jealous now... pls send my love to her! Love the series so far! <32 <32