Author Topic: LAURENSTON, Shelly  (Read 27158 times)

Libby13

• Beast Lord
LAURENSTON, Shelly
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:29:44 am »
I've noticed a few people are now or have recently been reading her books so thought she deserved her own thread.
I might be wrong but I think she also writes as GA Aiken?

I started reading Beast Behaving Badly last night which is the latest book in the Pride Series. So funny! I love Blayne and the way she can wrap everyone round her little finger!

Really looking forward to the next book in this series which I'm guessing will be
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:58:10 pm by Libby13 »
“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.

oreoparris

• Alpha
Re: LAURENSTON, Shelly
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:07 am »
Yup, picked this author up after someone mentioned her in another thread.  I have been reading them out of order because of what is available at the librabry.  Currently reading the one with Gwen and Lock.  Easy read, very funny.  Can't wait to get to Beast Behaving Badly, everybody says the same thing...very funny.

Nurslings

• Beta
  • Patience is not one of my reading virtues
    • Badass Book Reviews
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 01:33:03 pm »
They are cute and funny and easy reads.  I've read the Magnus Pack series.  Will read the others in due time  bOOk
Erika
Addicted to Roarke, Curran, Bones, Barrons and Adam.
Momma to L (7) S (5) C (3) and O (6-12-10)
I blog about books at:  http://badassbookreviews.com/

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 10:14:12 pm »
Her books are funny!  Love her as G.A. Aiken too!  If you apply for her newsletter you can receive unedited excerpts of her next book which she has confirmed will be Dee Ann and Ric. 

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 07:13:52 am »
Yay another fan! I've recently signed up for her newsletter and got the excerpt for DeeAnn and Ric's book. Really looking forward to that one <31 Ric

Haven't yet read her GA Aiken books but have them in my TBR pile I'm just putting them off in case I'm disappointed because I liked her other books so much!

Have you read the 2 short stories based on the coven of witches and shifters? Can't remember what they are called off the top of my head

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:50 pm »
Libby, I have read the short stories yet.  Saw the anthology at the bookstore and almost picked it up but got Jory Strong and Jaci Burton instead.  Wanted to make my two books for 50% off at Borders stretch. 

I've read all the Dragon Kin series with the exception of Last Dragon Standing, which is sitting on my TBR pile.  Loved Briec the Mighty's story the best - book 2.  Can't wait until Eihbear's (sp?) book comes out.  But he's still two stories out. 

Haven't tried the Pack series yet, but Here Kitty Kitty is on my TBR pile. Read all the Pride stories with Beast in Him being my fav.  Love those wolfdogs, their nerdiness, and love of 80's music & karaoke. 

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 01:55:24 pm »
I quite enjoyed the Coven short stories and I'm hoping she continues these

The wolfdogs are great nerdy and completely crackers! I liked the Pack series probably my favourite was the second one Go Fetch. I think my favourite of the Pride series so far is The Mane Squeeze I have a soft spot for the bears!!

Will read the Dragon Kin ones soon and let you know what I think

Kitara

• Beast Lord
  • Whatever, Your Furriness.
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 02:47:08 pm »
Here Kitty Kitty and The Mane Squeeze are my favorites. In that order.

thankU nanners. I didn't know she had more book under a different name. Just read Dragon Actually. Loved it. Reading the story of their parents, which was in the back. Odd that, but it is alright. Will definitely continue this series. The siblings are too crazy not to love.
Phantom Poodle Art By Ana

alias

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 11:24:42 am »
I have not gotten to Here Kitty Kitty - but I want to so bad just for the title alone.

I love the Dragon series from GA Aiken - I am sitting on the Last Dragon Standing to read for an Oct. challenge over at Goodreads. 

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »
I quite enjoyed the Coven short stories and I'm hoping she continues these

The wolfdogs are great nerdy and completely crackers! I liked the Pack series probably my favourite was the second one Go Fetch. I think my favourite of the Pride series so far is The Mane Squeeze I have a soft spot for the bears!!

Will read the Dragon Kin ones soon and let you know what I think

Will have to try the Coven series!  Thanks for the feedback. Go Fetch looks really good!  I love when the heroine ties the guy in knots. he he  Oh! And those bears!  Just love they way they wipe the floor with those feline men and don't even realize it.   RoFl  Plus, those lips!  Need I say more.   DrOOl

*goes off to play with toes*

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 03:29:27 am »
*goes off to play with toes*

RoFl

Ah now I want to go and reread these :D

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:09 am »
Finished Dragon Actually today  bOOk (is that the first one?) really enjoyed it and slightly cross with myself for not picking them up before despite loving her other work  :P

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 12:26:50 am »
Dragon Actually is book 1.  Next is About a Dragon, which is my favorite. 

Book 3 - What a Dragon Should Know
Book 4 - Last Dragon Standing
Book 5 - ???
Book 6 - Possibly Eibhear's story (It has been confirmed he will get a story with You Know Who but the author has said he still needs to grow up a bit.)

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 05:47:08 am »
Reading book 2 now - does Morfwyn (sp) have her own book?

Kitara

• Beast Lord
  • Whatever, Your Furriness.
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »
Reading book 2 now - does Morfwyn (sp) have her own book?

No.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Phantom Poodle Art By Ana