Author Topic: LAURENSTON, Shelly  (Read 28610 times)

kitkat9000

• Free Person of the Code
Re: LAURENSTON, Shelly
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 02:47:26 am »
Yeah, I got that craptacular message too. Love these books. BUT. I would much rather have her slow down than release something subpar.

She said in her newsletter that she had been going straight out on her two series since 2003 and was burnt out. She wanted to take a month off but if she did it would put her even more behind schedule than she already is and the next dragon book would need to be written in one month in order to release next year. So her publisher removed her from the schedule. Don't recall her stating when it would release only that it wouldn't be in 2013. Still not happy, but I understand and won't complain beyond this.

kitkat9000

• Free Person of the Code
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 03:56:10 am »
Ms Laurenston said in her newsletter that the next Pride book [March 25, 2014] will be the last temporarily as that series is going on indefinite (?) hiatus. Instead she's going to revisit her Crows & Ravens but it will be about an entirely new group of people and they'll be based on the West Coast.

Per the newsletter:

Now to move onto some even bigger news for this month. And it’s BIG. At least for me.

After nine books in my Pride series (the ninth book, BITE ME, will be out in 2014), I have decided it is time to take a break. You guys know I love my shifters. Hell, the first book I ever wrote was about my wolves (Oh, Zach. You’ll always be first in my heart). But to keep from getting burned out, I decided to try something else for a bit. I’ve always loved my Crows, but it’s hard to sell a series where the first book has already been through a couple of publishers and came out ages ago. So I pitched something a little different to my publisher but tried to give my readers some more Crows and Ravens, which leads me to…

I just signed a three-book deal with Kensington for a Crows, Los Angeles series. I’m taking my Crows/Raven mythology that I set up in HUNTING SEASON and moving it to the West Coast. This will be a new set of characters and a completely new storyline.

I know some people would rather I continue on with what I started in HUNTING SEASON, but to be honest, I really wanted to work on something new NEW. New characters. New locations. New stories. Just something new to throw myself into. It’s way too easy to get caught up in grinding books out like one is trapped on an Acme assembly line. But I don’t ever want that for myself or my readers. But especially myself. I’ve got to live with these characters for months and if I’m bored, trust me…you guys will be bored too.

So, hopefully, y’all will be up for this new phase of my career. I’m excited. My editor is excited.

nanners

• Beta
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2013, 11:38:39 am »
Yeah, I got that craptacular message too. Love these books. BUT. I would much rather have her slow down than release something subpar.

She said in her newsletter that she had been going straight out on her two series since 2003 and was burnt out. She wanted to take a month off but if she did it would put her even more behind schedule than she already is and the next dragon book would need to be written in one month in order to release next year. So her publisher removed her from the schedule. Don't recall her stating when it would release only that it wouldn't be in 2013. Still not happy, but I understand and won't complain beyond this.

I felt relieved.  The last book was subpar imo.  Laurenston is only taking a little break from the Pride.  Then she'll come back from the Crows and Ravens with something new. 

Um, I don't remember the Ravens and Crows.  Will have to re-read her newsletter.

Libby13

• Beast Lord
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 07:37:22 am »
I loved Hunting Season. I hope she moves back to those characters eventually because there were 2 couple set ups from book 1 that I was looking forward to
“You look like shit.”  Honesty is important in any relationship.

klena

• Kitten
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:16 am »
I've read all her books published under Shelly Laurenston (Magnus Pack, Pride, Call of Crows series) and under G.A. Aiken (Dragon Kins series) and find them all to be terrific. I especially love the humour in them.
Here kitty, kitty, kitty.