Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2014, 08:59:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOWALTER, Gena  (Read 3006 times)
XxxXLozXxxX
Free Person of the Code

Love changed their fate. He changed the rules.

« on: August 23, 2010, 01:10:43 pm »

Has anyone read any of the books from her Lord of the Underworlds Series?

Just finished reading 'The Darkest Night' last night. I liked it. I liked it a lot. But then I am a HUGE fan of anything to do with greek mythology lol

So if you like greek mythology and tormented/hot demons maybe you should give it a read  Wink

Kaelyn
Alpha

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »

I haven't read any of her books yet but I did read the short story that came out in the anthology with her and Kresley Cole. I liked it a lot, just haven't had the funds to buy the books yet.

"Rocks fall...Everyone dies."

"No, Bad Hobo"
hoess_c
Kitten

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:31:06 am »

I've read some of them already and I like them too. But the story does repeat itself in all books in some way. Nevertheless, the rest of the books is on my Must-Buy-As-Soon-As-Money-Is-There-List.
alias
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 05:15:53 am »

I am all caught up on the Lords of the Underworld series with just having finished Darkest Lie.  I love these books and recommend them for any one who likes BDB, Kresley Cole, etc. 

MinnChica
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 02:25:14 pm »

I love her Lords of the Underworld series. I've onyl just recently started them, but I think they are great so far!! I read one of her alien books, but wasn't impressed. Has anyone else read those??

The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com
aleXIII
Beta

I could do this. I just had to stay cool. Zen.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 12:00:21 am »

Is it good? i'm on the lookout for something new and this sounds pretty promising.

" If I made it through this in one piece, I'd need some sort of medal to commemorate it..."
alias
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:50 am »

I am not sure I read the alien books, but I did read her Extraordinary Girl series and I really enjoyed those as well. 
XxxXLozXxxX
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:41:26 am »

I don't really like the sound of the alien huntress books. But im enjoying the Lord of the Underworld.

Kaelyn
Alpha

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:18:56 am »

I recently started the underworld books and I am enjoying them as well.

For those of you who purchase books for Kindle software, Amazon has a Lords of the Underworld bundle which includes The Darkest Fire, The Darkest Night, The Darkest Kiss and The Darkest Pleasure for just 9.99!  Cheesy

http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Underworld-Bundle-ebook/dp/B001BXNQPG/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1282742132&sr=8-13

They also have her Atlantis series in a bundle for 9.99, it includes Heart of the Dragon, Jewel of Atlantis, The Nymph King, The Vampire's Bride and The Amazon's Curse.

http://www.amazon.com/Gena-Showalters-Atlantis-Bundle-ebook/dp/B002LZNBHG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1282746827&sr=1-3
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:35:32 am by Kaelyn » Logged

"No, Bad Hobo"
MinnChica
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »

Is it good? i'm on the lookout for something new and this sounds pretty promising.

I really enjoy her Lords of the Underworld series. I tried to read the first Atlantis one, and didn't get into it really. I read one of her Alient Hunter Series (the one that was in with Kresley Cole's book about Murdoch & Daniella) and it was OK.. not anything special that made me want to go run out and get the series. But the Lords of the Underworld one? AWESOME! I've also read one of her contemporary books, it was really good too!

The opposite of War isn't peace, it's Creation.
www.thebookpushers.com
XxxXLozXxxX
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 09:50:02 am »

Finished reading 'The Darkest Kiss' last night. Just had to say...

(click to show/hide)

alias
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 04:47:40 am »

(click to show/hide)

I know right?  Many people would think it would be cool, but damn it has to be hard.
Kaelyn
Alpha

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:43 am »

(click to show/hide)

I know right?  Many people would think it would be cool, but damn it has to be hard.

I agree

"No, Bad Hobo"
Ajna
Free Person of the Code

"...I ask questions, I don’t answer them.”

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 01:34:33 pm »

I have read almost all of them but somehow I skipped two or three. In general this is a great series and she has a few other books I like not terrific but decent. I am always amazed at how fast she writes I swear she puts out at least 3 books a year.

I don't really like the sound of the alien huntress books. But im enjoying the Lord of the Underworld.
I am not really a fan either but I only read one I hope it gets better.
yodamom
Free Person of the Code

Using the Force Everyday

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 03:00:51 pm »

I have only read one book by her playing with Fire (Tales of an Extraordinary girl series)

Funny, fast, action filled, sexy and interesting...The main female character(Belle) is a young some what dingbat type with a huge responsibility of caring for her father. Her snarky remarks had me laughing out loud.  I found myself really liking her with all her faults. She is working at a coffee shop when something happens that gives her powers that could cause major problems for those around her and the world. Every government agency wants her, some for nefarious reasons.The male Alpha character(Rome) is a strong, solider type. He has a job to do, people to protect and a family. He also has a secret something extra about him. He wants to use the girl to help him. Sexy, strong, loyal, what cold be wrong with that ?The other side characters are equally interesting and very different from the average in this gene. I would like to see more of Tanner, the smart mouth young man.It was a bit rough in spots, not the best writing but the story and characters made it really good. I can't wait to get to the next one.

Yodamom
First get the facts. Then you can distort them all you want.
Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: