Author Topic: Angels of Darkness Discussion (SPOILERS!)  (Read 51625 times)

kiahsmom

• Lyc-V Infected
Re: Angels of Darkness Discussion (SPOILERS!)
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »
I'm new to this, but just had to find out if there would be more about Lucas, Karina and company. I love Alphas:Origin and hope there will be more, more, more...

smeech

• Kitten
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 04:17:43 am »
Well I know a lot of their readers are asking what about Alphas. I would LOVE to have more books about them.

And a lot of people on Amazon.com want more Alphas too. They have a discussion in the Amazon discussion forums about Angels of Darkness and people were asking when the next book would be out because they want more.

Ilona Andrews answered this question in May 2011: Are there plans to continue writing in the Alphas world. Will future releases be novellas or full length books?

"We’re committed to two more books of The Edge and two Kate spinoffs in addition to two Kate novels, but I’d love to do something with Alphas.  I think it’s strong enough to support a series.  Maybe next year.  We’ll have to see how Alphas does."

Now, me personally I love the Edge series. But if it a choice between an Edge book or an Alphas book, I pick Alphas. Yay for Alphas!

smeech

• Kitten
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 04:29:03 pm »
More news on Alphas today. On November 12, 2011 Ilona Andrews wrote on their blog:

M. (emailed the authors about Alphas) writes about ANGELS:ORIGINS:

I originally bought this book because I adore Nalini Singh, and then I read your story and was absolutely blown away. I was just wondering if you planned on continuing this story and make it a series or if this was a one time thing? Because it reads like the start of something amazing.

Dear M, I’m so glad you liked it.  Unfortunately, not everyone did and we’ve got some serious hate for that story.  I am kind of unsure how it did.  If I was independently wealthy, I’d write a novel in it just for fun.  But I am not and the last time I checked Gordon wasn’t an heir to a secret fortune either. 

( Although if he somehow magically inherited a castle in Ireland, I’d totally go there and live with him. I’d write all day and at night we’d go down to the pub.  I have never “gone down to the pub.” )

Unfortunately we have to focus on something that will be profitable at this point in our careers and I am not one hundred percent sure Alphas would be.

It was a creative stretch.  Sometimes you have to take a chance and reach for something unusual in your writing career, so you don’t stagnate.  Sometimes this stretching pans out, like in case of the Edge series, and sometimes it doesn’t.  It’s a little early to tell how Alphas did.

smeech

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 03:24:43 pm »
On Twitter today, November 27, 2011, Ilona Andrews twittered: Et tu, Brute? ::sigh:: Okay. You guys win. We'll do another Alphas book.

Yay! Another Alphas book! Hooray! I will preorder as soon as it is available. You can count on my financial backing. *Serious nod*

lia

• Cub
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 10:13:46 pm »
On Twitter today, November 27, 2011, Ilona Andrews twittered: Et tu, Brute? ::sigh:: Okay. You guys win. We'll do another Alphas book.

Yay! Another Alphas book! Hooray! I will preorder as soon as it is available. You can count on my financial backing. *Serious nod*

Yay!!!  jumP

Yala

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 08:14:00 am »
Cool! jumP

CheeseBK

• Global Moderator
  • Beast Lord
  • rabid reader
    • my livejournal
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 10:34:22 am »

oh, cool! I just hope they don't overtask themselves  hUg1

geraxe

• Cub
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 03:15:43 pm »
So, I found this on Ilona's Twitter:

Nope, people haven't caught on yet. Copper smell was a dead giveaway, but nope.

There was another hint - the name Emily, somewhere in the comments to the YA Ilona posted on the blog some days ago. Emily is the big sister who "is off doing her own thing".
YA in this universe would be so cool!  noDDing
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:28:13 pm by geraxe »

Redmog

• Kitten
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 06:45:46 pm »
Does anyone know if the stand-alone e-book of Alphas: Origins coming out on 19th April 2016 is going to have any different content to that in the Angels of Darkness collection? I have the anthology version, but would by it again if its more than the same short story.