Ilona Andrews
News: THE KATE DANIELS WIKI | Book Releases Calendar
Forum email address (Mods): forum.ilonaandrews@gmail.com
Homepage: www.ilona-andrews.com

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 22, 2014, 04:53:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Dreams Discussion **Spoiler Alert** No spoiler button.  (Read 11436 times)
yui
Kitten

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 06:03:36 pm »

Great story. The ending was really goey.. who'd have guess Jim's so....?I liked his explanation about the difficulties about being Alpha. Daniel didn't have those thoughts about Jen (I think) Grin
kikucat
Alpha

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 06:31:57 pm »

Hah...Jen probably just told Danial how it was gonna be. Jim is made of sterner stuff *with gooies inside* 
dingo baby
Beast Lord

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 09:04:19 pm »

I loved how Jim explained that his steak was wrapped in several layers of foil and not touching her vegetarian meal.  Consideration!
Apparently he is an a-hole with manners. *grin*

"What kind of shapeshifter has orange fur anyway?"
"Weredingo."
Now I'd seen everything. Well, at least he didn't steal my baby.
Sweets
Kitten

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:30 am »

I also really enjoyed the story, and can't wait for the spin-off.  

I remember Curran saying in one of the POV's, (I think, I'm not sure which one ) how he knew Jim liked that half-blind tiger or something like that. That makes me wonder what kind of conversations if any, that Curran and Jim being best friends have had about the women that they love. I'd love to be a fly on that wall.

I also really curious about Dali's family. If they are shapeshifters they can't be cats, because they don't know Jim. so what are they ?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:21:58 am by Sweets » Logged
wont
Beta

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 09:59:57 am »

I also really enjoyed the story, and can't wait for the spin-off.  

I remember Curran saying in one of the POV's, (I think, I'm not sure which one ) how he knew Jim liked that half-blind tiger or something like that. That makes me wonder what kind of conversations if any, that Curran and Jim being best friends have had about the women that they love. I'd love to be a fly on that wall.

I also really curious about Dali's family. If they are shapeshifters they can't be cats, because they don't know Jim. so what are they ?

That thought of Curran's about Jim was funny because he was trying to convince himself there was nothing between Kate and Jim (from Strikes). And yes, I would love to hear some on those convos.

Doolittle Advocate
Yala
Global Moderator
Beast Lord

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2011, 10:48:18 am »

Ok, here is the Magic Dreams Discussion thread Grin You don't need to use the spoiler button here, so have fun!

WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD

I totally loved it, pretty much every bit of it was awesomeness

wont
Beta

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2011, 11:50:25 am »

I agree the entire story was awesome. That doesn't begin to say how much I loved it.

To have Jim be the victim was so flipping great! There's nothing I don't love about the Kate books, but it was so nice to see Jim from a different perspective. And to see him in a romantic light!!! OMG. I am bonkers for that story line to be expanded. I loved the Asian mystic elements, and Dali's mom ruling everyone including Jim. I loved the last few lines when he showed up with the dinner basket. Move over Curran!

And again, Ilona's word pictures are almost too much. I will never get enough. reading

Doolittle Advocate
bphall76
Cub

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2011, 01:12:20 pm »

So, the question is:  Are Jim and Dali "together" as in Dali will take Annette's place as cat alpha, or are they just playing?
Kitara
Beast Lord

Whatever, Your Furriness.

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2011, 03:09:51 pm »

So, the question is:  Are Jim and Dali "together" as in Dali will take Annette's place as cat alpha, or are they just playing?

I think they are moving into the courtship stage, not apart, but not yet mates.

Phantom Poodle Art By Ana
dmccaull
Kitten

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2011, 08:05:43 am »

Well, whatever, it's a lot of fun.  Rawr! as Dali would say.
dmccaull
Kitten

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:36 am »

Re Kate and the magic leaks:  maybe that is one of the things she will practice with the Russian with clan. 
("DId you know they were insane?")   hysterical group.
Mashiara
Kitten

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2011, 10:01:41 am »

Magic Dreams, oh how I love thee, let me count the ways. . .

Seriously, this short story rocked my world.  There was not one aspect of it I didn’t love, except I’m going to reiterate, not nearly long enough.  I could have read about Dali and Jim for a few hundred pages and not have been bored.

Dali,  great character, LOVE HER!  It’s nice to see a ‘brainiac’ character that isn’t boring.  I also loved  reading about a strong female heroine who doesn’t kick ass physically so much as mentally.  It’s also nice to have a better idea of her magic.  I never realized she was powerful enough to cure small curses and such simply by being near the inflicted.  Loved the part when she turned into a tiger, died laughing at the ‘ooh, pretty colors.’ And when she mentions how at first she couldn’t be in the same room with Kate, oy.  I think any girl who has ever had bouts of low self esteem can relate.  I can’t wait to learn more about her and her family.  

Jim, LOVE HIM!  I was happily surprised to see a soft side of him.  The hard-assed alpha was still there, but you could see he cared about her.  It’s not many people I think he’d allow himself to be swatted with a newspaper for.  I’m betting he understood every word of the Indonesian.  Loved his, “If he looks at you like that again, I’ll cut his face off”  Nothing says romance like jealousy induced violence.   And his confession at the end, *swoon*  

Dali’s mother was great.  Newspaper scene, fav.  ‘don’t shame me,’ fav. I’m confused about how she didn’t know who Jim was.  The only thing I can think of is Dali’s father is the shapeshifter?  So, maybe Dali gets the Lyc-V from him and the magic from her?  

I’m already dying for more Jim and Dali and can’t wait for a spin off book.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:03:47 am by Mashiara » Logged

*seven*
Ana
Beta

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 12:43:49 pm »

Re Kate and the magic leaks

I read this message and the first thing I thought was, gosh, I hope that's not the next book!   Tongue
Kirsten
Free Person of the Code

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2011, 05:41:46 pm »

It was so good!  I  Jim and Dali.  I thought it was funny when Dali grabbed the bucket of water and ladle and kept throwing water on him so he wouldn't fall asleep.  The mother whacking them both with the newspaper was also funny.  At the end I was like... yes??? and??? more please!  Grin 
vikitee
Kitten

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 05:08:32 am »

awesome book, id love to read a short story from Jim's POV now, and i particularly  loved the little mentions about kate, expecially finding out her effect on technology - i wonder if she'll ever find out?!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: