The world has suffered a magic apocalypse. We pushed the technological progress too far, and now magic returned with a vengeance. It comes in waves, without warning, and vanishes as suddenly as it appears. When magic is up, planes drop out of the sky, cars stall, electricity dies. When magic is down, guns work and spells fail.
It’s a volatile, screwed-up world. Magic feeds on technology, gnawing down on skyscrapers until most of them topple and fall, leaving only skeletal husks behind. Monsters prowl the ruined streets, werebears and werehyenas stalk their prey; and the Masters of the Dead, necromancers driven by their thirst of knowledge and wealth, pilot blood-crazed vampires with their minds.
In this world lives Kate Daniels. Kate likes her sword a little too much and has a hard time controlling her mouth. The magic in her blood makes her a target, and she spent most of her life hiding in plain sight. But sometimes even trained killers make friends and fall in love, and when the universe tries to kick them in the face, they kick back.
Below you will see the covers for all of the novels and novellas in the series. This list doesn’t include short stories, which are collected in Small Magics anthology or extras, such as free Curran’s stories.
- To view stories which are told only from Kate's point of view, click here.
- To view key scenes which are told from Curran's point of view, click here.
- To view stories which are told only from Dali's point of view, click here.
- To view stories which are told only from Andrea's point of view, click here.
- To view stories which are told only from Derek's point of view, click here.