For the purposes of this post, we will be using a short story called A Mere Formality, which I made into an ebook for you this morning. It’s free.
This file has dirty jokes in it. Do not download if you are under 18. If you are under 18 and download it anyway, I take no responsibility for your actions.
This file has not been through copyedits and will contain mistakes in grammar and punctuation. It’s a freebie.
Kindle, prc format: A Mere Formality
Epub Format: A Mere Formality
PDF: A MERE FORMALITY
I am sadly out of practice in space drawing. It took me two hours to get the cover done, because my stars were looking funny. Had I known this, I would not have embarked on this wonderful adventure.
Also, for these reasons, I will not be blogging tomorrow. I have to make up wordcount on Andrea’s book.
On Your Computer
- Get the best reading experience available on your PC. No Kindle required
- Access your Kindle books even if you don’t have your Kindle with you
- Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
- Create new highlights, notes, and bookmarks and manage those created on your Kindle
- Search for words or phrases within the book you’re reading
- Use the built-in dictionary to seamlessly look up the definitions of English words without interrupting your reading.
- Full screen reading view, color modes, and brightness controls offer an immersive reading experience
- Real page numbers for thousands of books in the Kindle Store. Now you can easily reference and cite passages, and read alongside others in a book club or class.
- A German language version of Kindle for PC is available for customers purchasing content from the Amazon.de Kindle Store, which includes instant dictionary word lookup using the Duden Deutsches Universalwörterbuch.
- Support for collections allows you to take control of your Kindle library and organize your books with ease.
- Book Extras by Shelfari. Access character descriptions, important places, popular quotations, themes, and book-specific glossaries from Shelfari, the community-powered encyclopedia for book-lovers.
- Support for Print Kindle Replica content, which look like the corresponding print book with words and images in the position corresponding to the print edition. See more detail on Print Replica content here.
- Support for reading most PDF files within the Kindle application, including functionality such as zoom and pan, highlighting, note taking, dictionary lookup, and bookmarks.
Download Kindle App.
Follow the installation instructions, which I believe, consist of double clicking on the downloaded file. I don’t think you have to register, but I don’t remember.
Download the Kindle, prc format of the file above.
Double click the file.
Kindle app is easy to use and it looks nice, but it’s not the only choice out there.
Kindle app accepts a prc and mobi formats.
- Library Management
- E-book conversion
- Syncing to e-book reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
- Comprehensive e-book viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
Go here: Calibre
Follow the installation instructions.
Download Epub format of the file above.
Double click it.
Calibre helps you organize your ebook library. You can also use it to convert files into different formats. This file is not DRM’ed, so you should have no problems.
Calibre accepts a variety of formats including epub and PDF.
Adobe Digital Editions
- Interface designed for digital reading
- Fast, free download
- Standalone installer
- Content portability
- Support for Sony® Reader
- Powerful markup features
- Support for PDF and EPUB, a reflow-centric XHTML-based format
- Support for borrowing eBooks
Go here: Adobe Digital Editions
Follow installation instructions.
Download Epub or PDF version of the file above. It will take both, although PDF version has a shmancier font for some weird reason.
Open the ADE. Click Library. Choose add item to library.
A window will pop up. Click your downloaded file.
On Your Phone
Fair warning: these are the applications I know about but I do not read on my phone. Your mileage will vary, because I have no clue what these apps look like.
Kindle App: Click Here
Stanza: Click Here
For Other Phones
Aldiko: Click Here
Where can I get your ebooks?